Your first games console

The game that I have never unloaded on my phone was the hearthstone.:joy:

Oo I love playing hearthstone, I kick but with my priest

The priest is my favorite character!:laughing:

1 Like

I remember a game we played in those old days.
It was simply called “hack”.
After some time we got an innovation, this “hack” could be played in our local net at the company.
Now a multi-user game.
This was called “nethack”.

Many hours of serious work was lost for the company.
(And … The “panic key” was very important:
By pressing it a C-program popped up at the screen :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The original NES for me. Looking back on it I know my dad said it was for me, but i was barely into kindergarten and I can almost be sure I was his excuse to buy one lol.

I would still have the system if it didnt have the CPU problems that plagued the system. I too retain everything I have ever bought for the most part as well though. (The wife is always trying to make me clean out that box)

I just recently won the xbox one X from the every60seconds.com giveaway so I am stoked to start a new console generation with my son, just as soon as he is old enough haha.

3 Likes

@Monk3e congrats on the win👏🏻

The first console that I remember that was “mine” in the house was the Sega Mega drive. I got it when I was about 4, it did belong to my brother’s however they got the SNES for Christmas and I got given this :grin: I spent hours playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Bubble Bobble (usually with my mum!)
This got me hooked on games. And as such, every time my brothers got a new console, I’d take their old one. This didn’t stop me playing with theirs though!

1 Like

This post is going to reveal our age :joy: My parents would not buy one but when I moved out in 88 I purchased an original Nintendo action set.

I still have it today in its original box, mint condition with the original games super Mario and duck hunt. We used to rent games to play on it. I set it up for my son to play about 10 years ago and h thought it was pretty cool. Has only been out of the box about 50 times in 30 years.

1 Like

Mine was the N64, but I did play on my friend’s Sega Dreamcast before my mom bought me a system.

NES. Mario Brothers, Tetris, ExciteBike, etc.

I also had a PlayStation later on.

My 9yo son and I recently built a retropie out of a Raspberry Pi 3. I’ve now got all those games on a microSD. Did you know that Super Mario Brothers was only 32 kb? That’s like 1% of the average 3.5mb mp3.

3 Likes

I had an Atari 2600 way back in the day… Then a NES, then a SNES, and then I shifted interests in videogames to justify having a new system. I got a PS3 as a gift but never played it much - though I though about buying it when Beatles Rock Band launched.

These days, every time I think about videogames I think what I would give up doing in my little free time to play, and can’t find the answer.

2 Likes

Ahah, a very eventful story, but everything was completely different for me. I have never had consoles like dandy, psp and others. I don’t know why, but in childhood I was not interested in it and most of all I liked to play basketball with my dad and go fishing. These were my favorite pastimes. After my father left, I bought a new PS 4 console and started playing it, and I played throughout quarantine. Mostly I played the League of Legends and this is one of my favorite games of all time. I fell in love with this game so much that I even decided to buy an account boost from https://elo-boosters.com. Many say that this is a stupid decision, but it will save me great time and besides, they have very high-quality services at affordable prices!