Your First Day of 2018 | Share What Happened

As I’m sure many in the US experienced, my first day consisted of waking up to temperatures well below zero and wind chills in the -20s. Luckily, I didn’t have to go outside, but I did anyways… for a very short time. :laughing:

The rest of the day consisted of watching New Year’s Six Bowls. First up was Auburn vs UCF in the Peach Bowl. I was pulling for UCF because of their head coach Scott Frost. Unfortunately, he is headed to Nebraska next year (us KSU fans don’t want Nebraska to have much success after deciding to leave the Big XII. It was a very entertaining football game. In the end, UCF pulled off the upset, winning 34 - 27.

Next up was the game I was the most pumped for… Oklahoma (where I plan on going to school) vs Georgia in the Rose Bowl, or, the Grand Daddy of 'em all! These two teams had never met before in history. That’s just insane! The Sooners got off to a fast start, and led 31 - 14 just before the half. The game then consisted of back and forth swings of momentum. Unfortunately, the Sooners fell on the wrong side of that momentum in double overtime, with their field goal getting blocked, and Georgia going on to score a TD.

Finally, Alabama and Clemson faced each other for the third time in three years. This was the least entertaining game out of the bunch, as Alabama pretty much dominated from the start. It ended with a score of 24 - 6.

Overall only 1 out of the 3 teams I was rooting for one… :frowning: And the National Championship will consist of two SEC teams… not particularly interesting for me to watch. Of course, I still will, and it’s going to be very sad having to say goodbye to College Football once again for several months :cry: it’s my favorite sport to watch, by far).

By the end of the day I was so tired I fell right asleep. :sleeping:

1 Like

After going to bed at 2am, I woke about 6ish (woke several more times in between but didn’t get up until 6).

Around 9ish, had a gert Oak Smoked Bacon (5 rashers), Mushroom n Fried Egg (runny yolk) in sour dough bread sandwich… See pic

Went into town, to see what was happening (nothing, was really quiet) n went for a coffee at my fave coffee shop. Then came home watched some TV and then had some fizzy wine in the evening n went to bed about 2ish again, but had a better sleep.

That was my first day of the year…

3 Likes

Thanks for making me hungry, lol. That looks yummy.

1 Like

It was.

I often have the companies, black treacle smoked bacon :bacon:

Look up… Cure and simple bacon
It ain’t cheap, but they do, do offers esp your first pack (often 1st pack £1)

I have a referral code if interested?

Ah you threw me off as you changed your picture haha. Sure thing send me a message if you don’t mind, I’ll look into it

Just relax at home with the kids cook up some rib racks and pasta :sleeping:

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial besides a large fireworks show with friends and neighbours we decided to head to Paso Alaska Resort in Los Naranjos, Sonsonate, El Salvador for the days ans spent some quality family time…

still enjoying our vacation here in El Salvador

Happy New Year all!!!

1 Like

I also watched Black Mirror on the first day of 2018! episode 1, season 4 :grin:

wonder whether that man has any family that will notice he’s disappeared and come to rescue him

That’s so great!! You are an idol! And the books! I must learn something from you!

I tried three times this year starting to read One Hundred Years of Solitude, but gave up for some emergencies and then forgot about all the names.

I WILL TRY AGAIN IN THE NEW YEAR!

I CAN DO IT!!!

1 Like

So cold…-22 degrees…:anguished:

I have a hard time getting up in winter.:joy:

The only meaningful thing that you do is sleep.:smile:

It’s a great start!:grin:

1 Like

It was a happy family day.:smile:

2 Likes

:smile: Just a new way of barbecue.:smile: You can try it!

1 Like

That New Years Eve party sounds very interesting!:grinning:

1 Like

Happy New Year! My friend!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:smile: You can show your muscles confidently one day!

2 Likes

What a relaxing day!

1 Like

English breakfast is my favorite!!!:grinning:

2 Likes

Wow!!! The scenery is pretty awesome!!:grinning: