Yet Another PowerWave Base Pad Review

I see there are already several reviews here for the PowerWave Base Pad, so I’ll keep this short.

I had previously purchased a super-cheap wireless charger from AliExpress, and it ended up in a drawer because it really sucked. Sure it charged things fine, but it made weird clicking noises (apparently common among cheaper wireless chargers), heated up my phones while charging, and was super slippery and ugly.

The PowerWave Base Pad was a night and day difference.

Pros:

• Looks great, feels solid
  • Non-slip feet on bottom and non-slip circle on top means things stay in place
  • Just the right size so it’s easy to align a phone
  • Blue LED indicates charging
  • No clicking noises
  • Stays cool during charging
  • Comes with a nice heavy duty Micro USB cable (not that I really needed another)

Cons:

• LED doesn’t tell you if the device’s battery is full. Not sure if that’s possible or not.
  • Doesn’t come with a wall wart, which is mostly fine since I have plenty, but I wasn’t sure if I needed one that has a certain output (i.e. will it charge slower if I use a 1 amp vs 2 amp one?)
  • Really prominent branding - I would have gone with a darker gray color for the logo so it’s a little more subtle. But that’s pretty minor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Most don’t worry about multiple products of the same product. So feel free to share your reviews!

As to your review, thanks for sharing. Also good call on not using that cheap charging pad. That thing will damage your phone and burn up your battery faster than a premium wireless pad will. That one sounds like it might cause a fire…

Hey @j123jam
Great words.
I also suffered at the hands of a cheap wireless charger, damn thing buzzed like a bee!

Great review :+1:

It’s been a long time. How are things treating you?
Awesome review! Thanks for sharing!

Good review @j123jam thanks for sharing!

Great review! Nice job! :ok_hand: