Wish list of features for EufyCam

+1 a cheap ‘clip-on’ rain shield sounds like something that could be created fairly easily for a company like Eufy (Anker).

1 Like

Two more 'quality of life changes I guess we could add:

1. Option to highlight the motion the camera detects (e.g. square box around the motion) so you can see it… Just watched a video my cam recorded and had to rewatch it a few times until I saw the cat …

2. In portrait mode, you can swipe from one video to the next. In landscape mode you can’t do this, so you have to come out of landscape, change video, and then go back in… It would be good to just be able to swipe through them all in landscape.

1 Like

Thanks for the response on Apple HomeKit!!
Sad to know it is not attainable. Most of the Apple users will really like to have this so they feel more secured and there is no need to add an additional hub if they already dont have one.
Hope you would re-consider to evaluate this option as this is going to attract Apple users.[quote=“AnkerSupport, post:30, topic:63877, full:true”]

We are still evaulating Home Kit, but we will most likely not have this as an addition. With that being said, Alexa and Google support will be avaliable before the end of 2019!

[/quote]

1 Like

I assume you meant “Alexa and Google support will be avaliable Before end of 2018 !!”

not 2019

Monitor and manage all devices from desktop PC
When will this feature be accessible.
Most wanted.

3 Likes

How about a movement sensor, that would really add to the eufy security system, and an external siren. With these two you could have a full alarm system (If we had an alternative to disabling the system via a phone)

2 Likes

you are correct, our mistake

At risk of having the whole Internet scream out in pain because portrait video is the worst evil in the universe, I would like support in the app for recording portrait video - I have a camera on the wall to one side of my front door, monitoring the front of the house. The best coverage is achieved by turning the camera 90 degrees on its axis. This avoids half the picture being wall. Putting the night-vision LEDs furthest from the wall also means that splashback from the wall doesn’t ruin nighttime exposure.

At the very least, the ability to reorient the timestamp. The app should default to “fullscreen” viewing for a portrait camera on a phone, and there should be the option of 90 or 270 degrees rotation from “normal” to allow for all mounting options. If possible, native recording of portrait video to the microSD so that the file is 1080x1920 etc.

Also, much more configuration for the timestamp would be great: The current 1.0.5.9 fw in 1.0.5(EU) app renders ten minutes past midday as “00:10 PM” for the GMT+0 London timezone.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion in terms of the orientation.

There are others that are looking for this feature too, so you’re not alone ( ;

We have a new firmware version which should be pushed to your device very soon! It’s version 1.0.6.4!

Need to be able to set different motion sensitivity for Home and Away modes.

2 Likes

Noted! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you, hhamster86. That’s it. Haven’t checked the forums in a bit, apologies for late thank you.

1 Like

Temperature monitoring! Since there is a temperature alarm, i assume it would also be possible to get temperature monitoring from the camera

2 Likes

Hello there!

I recently installed my set of EufyCams and so far they are working fine and I have a small feature request regarding the base modes you can setup (Home, Away and Schedule).

Would be possible to add an option to disable the motion detection of the cameras when the Home mode is enabled? The “problem” is that I have dogs, they go out during the day and the camera records them :yum: but I don’t what to decrease the motion sensivity (current workaround) because the levels are perfect when I’m away.

Hope you can pitch this feature internally!

Thanks!

1 Like

@AnkerSupport can you add zone detection so users can set a zone or multiple zones to restrict where motion would activate the notifications and recording?

If you want to disable the motion detection, why not just disable the recording of videos when you are in Home mode?

Being able to force touch the app icon on iPhones to change the camera mode was a very useful feature with Arlo and I would like that to be available with the EufyCam too.

1 Like

Good idea! The camera will be still triggered down, consuming battery but it will probably be very little.
Thanks!

Local API for switching between home and away mode would be nice. Then the cameras could be integrated in Home Assistant or any other smart home system. The Eufy smart bulb and switches already have this through the Eufy home API (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/eufy/).
IFTTT could also solve this of cause.

It would also be nice to be able to schedule a still picture to be taken once or a couple of times each day. That way we could create a time lapse video of the seasons changing…

6 Likes

@AnkerSupport this would be neat.