Winners of 'PowerPort 2 Elite Giveaway'

I think they’re doing a photography one, probably next week.

1 Like

Just adding to the thread that I received an email last night stating that it had been shipped and included tracking info.

2 Likes

mine delivered and in my hands.

It is a little bit bigger and little bit heavier, I see the pin hinge looks different, plastic at the hinge, that would help with reducing sparking some said has with the previous model.

1 Like

are u reviewing it?

Wasn’t planning on doing it, just FYI I got mine and a quick summary of difference. There is a good review out there already by Ryan @TechnicallyWell

3 Likes

i trust that but a second review never killed someone :slight_smile:

errm the pins of the Elite now look like the pins on the Powerport4. I’ll take some photos in comparison with others, give me a few mins…

Any other differences you noted?

Nope. So to me it is actually a step backwards, because I already owned the Powerport2 so it did my 2 port needs, and the Elite is bigger for no useful gain for me, it actually narrows the gap with the Powerport4.

I have done the basics of does it actually work using a meter to charge some devices and yes it works but given what it is, its primary function is a 24W charger as small as possible, so it does that less well as its larger.

It works! (excuse blurry photo)
it shows 2.1A 11W to the Powercore 10000 which is what I’d expect.

Left to right Powerport 4, Powerport 2 Elite, Powerport 2

Left to right Powerport 2, Powerport 2 Elite, Powerport 4

When at home I use the corded chargers, so Powerport5, Powerport10. When traveling I take enough charging capability as fits my devices, e.g. just done a 3 day trip with: Phone (2A), Tablet (2A), BT earbuds (<1A), Smartwatch (<1A), Powercore+ Mini (1A), Powercore 10000 (2A). So 6 devices. I carried the Powerport2 and the Aukey 12W giving me 2 chargers (for redundancy) and 4 ports, 2 faster ports for phone+tablet or the Powercore 10000, 2 slower ports for the BT earbuds and the Powercore+ Mini (1A input). If I were to do that again probably instead carry the Powerport4 and the Aukey 12W to get 6 ports (need 6) and probably the Powercore Slim 5000 as the Powercore+ Mini is a slower 1A recharge to the 5000 2A.

The Aukey 12W is always carried because it is small, and while not powerful, there is always something needing recharging which does not need power, so it provides 2 ports and is a spare charger. Anker never offers an equivalent. So then to complement I need Wattage, which Anker Powerport do well, adding up my total device (e.g. 6) is phone 2+ tablet 2+ 5000 2+ 1000 2 + BT 1 + watch 1A = 10A 50W. So if I were not bothered by redundancy say the Powerport5 40W would suffice, but what if it fails, so the Aukey 12W 2port is carried so then I’m really needing 4 ports 8A 40W. So the Powerport4.

2 Likes

I wonder if Anker is replacing the regular 2 with the Elite

Yes I expect so given the sparking problem (which was never a problem for me).

I’ll continue with my approach, I go for redundancy (trust nothing) of chargers, portable chargers, and cables and then just focus on minimum size and weight.

Mine should arrive today.

I’ll keep an eye out for everyone’s review! Thanks for your inspiring and insightful ideas!:grin:

There goes my excitement I just found out from my tracking information that my package is being delayed cause it was sent to the wrong post office oh well waiting 6 more days won’t hurt :sob: :sob::sob:

1 Like

Got mine today!

1 Like

Same here!

I am psyched to see I was selected and am extremely excited to see how well it works.

1 Like