Why Anker doesn't make an universal Glass application tool?

Why Anker doesn’t make an universal tempered Glass application tool like the one from belkin that it’s used in the apple stores?

It will be a great gadget and i’ll absolutely buy it, I have 6 iPhones in my home and like once a week a must change a broken glass.

Anker has a tool for installing tempered glass, but I have only seen it for the iPhone X. It’s under their karapax brand and it comes with the tempered glass

2 Likes

It’s an alignment tool that comes with the iPhone X only. I agree having a something you could use for any screen protector from Anker would be great.

2 Likes

I already used it, and it’s great only for allinement.
But I mean another thing, the tool that I want it’s for apply the glass without dust under it.
With the belkin tool it’s impossible to get dust under the glass.

Yet how much is a half decent bumper case? I’m sure if ya got a case, you’d save yourself a bloody fortune.

all the phones in my family are like new, always protected with cover and glass.
however the protective glass sometimes it breaks.

Ah, so long as it only the safety glass breaking, but still I thought they were were meant to be tougher than that?

You actually want it to break. The breaking absorbs energy.

Having said that there are some bold claims from some screen protectors.

1 Like

Ah, ok. Like the crumple zone on a car. I get that.

Mind I’m getting a.little scared! I’ve now accidently/clumsily dropped my S8 TWICE NOW. now I’ve boasted in the past of having g gone 25 years of not breaking a phone. So far (bugger me, TOUCH WOOD) that’s still correct. As each time the case has taken the hit, including.my most fave of every case I’ve ever owned… Purple poly case with R2D2 on it.

This is one reason why I not paid extra for screen protectors because in drop tests it’s the corner of the case is hit so you need a case more, the case lips to make the screen recessed, so a basic scratch protection sufficient.

So the case is your focus for protection.

The alignment tool that comes with the iPhone X glass protector was a huge help! Hopefully, Karapax will start including them with more phone models in the future.

1 Like

Also, when you say universal, there are so many different types of phones with varying dimensions, to get the alignment to be perfect on every unique phone seems to be a more custom rather than universal job.