Wholesale Deals up to 50% Off!

Guessing they haven’t responded yet? Hopefully there will be more details in future promos.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about this thread, here is their response

They didn’t specify how many was the minimum, if you are interested in a product I’d say shoot them an email

3 Likes

Cool @ikari04warrior
Not sure how those prices stack up against new box fresh versions.
Have you started a negotiation on price?
Interested in the statement all prices are negotiable.

And I assume these offers are US only?

3 Likes

Yea the price they gave is pretty much what Amazon charges and no real discount otherwise. Was assuming they would like to negotiate instead of saying it’s on promotion

3 Likes

Yeah, seems like they aren’t interested in the wholesale deals promo but rather just redirecting question. Guess your request of two units was insufficient to get their attention. Thanks for the follow-up @ikari04warrior!

2 Likes

You know, you just motivated me to send them another email, I told them since it says all prices are negotiable according to the link I sent them, I’d like to get them for a lower price. So I said I’d pay $20 for each pair.
I’ll update this as soon as I get an answer

4 Likes

Good on you @ikari04warrior
Can’t wait for the next update :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I just sent them another email,asking for a lower price. We’ll see what they say :+1:

1 Like

Would you say that’s a fair price? Considering they are pre-owned

3 Likes

It’s always hard to say how they perceive things.
To me, that’s where I would have pitched.
So Anker could look at it as they are shifting stock that could make space for new kit and take almost any offer.
Or they could look at it purely financially and want their investment back.
Only time will tell, good luck!

5 Likes

Thanks, I will let you guys know as soon as I hear back from them

4 Likes

They can always negotiate back if they want to keep up their end of the bargain I guess. So yea they can come up with a final price of something in mid 20s or so if they really want to. But I would say $20 isn’t bad for pre-owned especially in this context

2 Likes

Isn’t Ebay setup to do this for them? Set a minimum begin reserve price you’d not sell for less than, but otherwise let bidders decide the price.

Yea I won’t mind if they counter my offer with a higher price but I probably won’t go past $26 or $27.

The seller of these items won’t see what we see, they would see a fair price to be a little % off new, but the issue is Anker do periodic discounting of almost all products, we find them and share them, so most here would see 20% off as basically list price for new, most here would wait for a 20% discount before buying new items, and want additional 20% minimum off new for used, so would be seeking 20%+20% 40% minimum off. The person selling is likely unaware the item is being sold often new for 20% off and so is basically asking for used what you can pay new and see 40% off as unfairly low.

I expect the seller would be rejecting 40% off offers thinking totally unreasonable.

The seller would just have to learn. Best place to learn is Ebay, not this email game. Put a reserve on item and let bidders decide the selling price, ebay is setup to solve exactly this problem.

3 Likes

That would certainly be a logical platform as it would reduce input and management by Anker.
It amuses me when tried and tested is ignored and things are done the hard way.

1 Like

You made very good points, maybe to them $35.98 was a far price. But since they said all prices are negotiable, well it won’t hurt to try and get a lower price lol

Amazon solves this a different way. They do a discount and depending how fast it sold, then set the next discount higher/lower. They sniff out the tolerance for bargain hunters. There’s a reason a discount is 17% or 20%.

Every buyer who pays the higher price, makes the price remain high.

Ebay’s method has the weakness that it’s largely luck at the end running against a clock.

But for sure this manual method is laboursome inefficient than using Ebay.

In some cultures haggling is expected lol

1 Like