Which wall charger

Which UK Wall charger should I buy that can give me 2 ports and support quick charge (Samsung Galaxy S10)?

1 Like

You need one with PPS support.
To the best of my knowledge you have this,

Or this for now.

Thanks for the lightning-fast response.

At £40+, I think I’ll stick with my Samsung chargers and a double-adaptor!!

1 Like

If you don’t care about “Super Fast Charging” (25W) and just want “Fast Charging” (18W), PowerPort III Duo should do the trick.

1 Like

@Insider is correct @nmonk_uk
But just to add I have a few (non PPS) Anker chargers and they won’t charge my S20Plus using a USBC to USBC.
I have had to use a USBC to Micro cable and use a Micro to USBC adaptor.

And i believe that’s an issue here in the UK as Samsung tend to come with their Exynox processors rather than Snapdragon processors which other countries get.

Double post, not sure what happened there :joy:

Forgot about this, wonder if it’s different with S10 series…

Do you have one of the PPS chargers yet?

1 Like

Not yet @Insider
I’m waiting for the first (and hopefully a good) price drop on the 63w Slim.

Previously when i confirmed with Anker support about the situation they could only confirm the PowerPort III Pod was available.
And then the 63w drops which is more up my street :+1:t2:

1 Like

Quick bit of research online showed the S10 needed PPS, but it wasn’t exhaustive research @Insider

1 Like

Will also be interesting to see if this makes it to the UK in some form:

1 Like

Looks like the more compact version of the Pod @Insider
In my mind, anything more compact is a winner.
Its not a charger for me, but will benefit many I’m sure :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hopefully we see some dual port PPS chargers in the near future…

1 Like

The item you need is this one

I had the S10, the plus version and any charger you plan on buying for it does not require PPS support to fast charge. The one I linked has a total charge of 36W total but 18W per port. So using either port will enable fast charging on your S10.

The PPS part our fellow members were talking about are for different phones, such as the Note 10(+), S20(+) and Note 20(+).

So you will have nothing to worry about using the charger I linked to fast charge your S10

1 Like

Maybe you’re right @ikari04warrior
But remember your S10 would have had the Snapdragon processor which for some reason seems to be the defining factor.

I guess @nmonk_uk there’s no harm ordering from Amazon and sending it back if it doesn’t perform as expected. But bear in mind the twin USB charger above is 18w per port so wont charge your phone at its full speed.

1 Like

I think both variants have the same same charging capabilities. But you make a great point, if it doesn’t work he could just send it back :+1:

1 Like

Indeed.
I was gutted when i found that none of my Anker chargers worked in fast charge mode or direct with USBC to USBC cables.
A lot of chat here and on other forums narrowed it down to the processor inside and concluded Snapdragon equipped phones worked ok, Exynox wouldn’t.
Here in the UK and most of Samsungs come with Exynox which is slightly annoying.
All the US people i reached out to said theirs worked, those in the UK and most parts of the EU said their 3rd party chargers didn’t, unless they were PPS.

I haven’t bought a charger from another manufacturer as its not a deal breaker for me, i mainly charge wireless at 10w. But i will be investing in the 62w Slim when it drops in price and that will be the final test for me, can’t wait! :grimacing:

1 Like

Update me on how it works :+1:
right now I’m using my Samsung 15 wireless charger and sometimes I use the charging brick that came in the box. When I’m on the go I use my Anker car charger or an older samsung brick. But when I go out on vacation I like to take my Anker 18w charger and gets the job done

1 Like

Ill keep you updated mate :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing