Which one is better for a QC 2.0 supported phone: Powercore Speed vs Powercore+ vs Powercore II

Hi everyone,

I’m really confused about the product line of Anker. Just trying to define which one is better for a mobile phone that does not support Quick Charge 3.0.

1. What is the newest power bank of Anker ?
  2. Should I buy a QC 3.0 supported power bank although I have a QC 2.0 supported mobile phone ?
  3. Which one can charge faster ? Powercore II or Powercore Speed ?

Thanks

1 Like

I understand that you are confused with Anker’s portable charger product lineup. It still frustrates me to this day. I will try to help as best as I can.

Anker’s newest portable charger offering is their PowerCore II 10000. However, they are always releasing new ones.

As far as buying a QC 3 power bank instead of a QC 2, there are a few things to consider:

1. Are you going to upgrade your phone anytime soon. If you have a device in mind, you may want to check to see if it supports QC 3.
  2. QC 3 is newer. That means that the power banks that support it are newer. Newer battery banks typically means better technology. Keep in mind, however, that this is not always the case, and differences may be negligible.
  3. QC 2 power banks are generally cheaper.

As far as which power banks can charge faster, it is not really a difference between PowerCore II or PowerCore Speed. Each power bank, no matter the name, is going to have different specs. You also may want to look into the recharge times. Those can also be important, and often vary more than the actual time it takes to charge your devices.

Personally, my recommendation to you would be the PowerCore II 10000. It is the same overall size as the PowerCore Speed 10000, but with a faster recharge time (if you’re using a quick charge recharger), as well as a few other new features, such as IQ 2.0 and a new battery type. It is slightly heavier, but you probably won’t notice it at 210g vs 198g (unless you’re holding them side by side). Hope this helps! Keep in mind that 10000mAh is the least Anker sells for QC, so you can’t get anything smaller to charge your phone to its full potential.

From my advice, you can see that I think it’s worth it to get a QC 3.0 power bank right now (even though there may not be any immediately noticeable, clear cut differences. Not only that, but QC 3.0 power banks from Anker are more widely available than those with just QC 2.0. I’m sure you are already aware, but rest assure that you will still get very fast charging speeds, as the PowerCore II 10000, as is the case with almost all other power banks with the same feature set, is backwards compatible with prior versions of Qualcomm’s quick charge technology, including version 2.0. Again, hope this helps, have a great day, and let me know what you decide, or if you have any further questions!

2 Likes

Joshua, thank you for your help. In my opinion, previous versions have more quality because new ones are cost effective productions. So I’ll prefer Powercore+ series

I like the powercores as well. Not a fan for the powercore II.

You’re a life saver my dude. Thanks!:sunglasses:

1 Like

:grinning: I enjoy helping!