Which of ANKER portable chargers suit your need?

I am looking to buy a power banks from anker any advice will be great

I use the PowerCore 20000 as my go-to just because I don’t mind the weight - it’s very big and certainly not pocketable, but this means I only have to charge it occasionally with my minimal usage.

However, there are a lot of advantages to smaller power banks, and I know Anker makes a few.

Base your decision on whether you want to prioritise portability or capacity - higher mAh numbers = more power but usually a bigger and heftier design.

I prefer my Anker USB pen type battery charger on the go as ideal for commuting and does the job well

I use the PowerCore 5000 Slim and it is really nice. It comes in a neat little pouch and can charge my phone twice and the design is super slick. It is enough for me, and I really like the size.

The 1st question is to raise is do you know how much power you need?

Three dimensions to understand:

1. the internal mah of your devices. Add them up. I’ll call this “N” for need.

2. how much longer you need to make them last, I’ll call this “S” for stretch.

3. understand that for complicated reasons to do volts, amps, step up/down and cables, you basically only get 2/3rds of what you think.

So add up all your gadgets to get “N” lets pick a simple example like an iphone 7 has a 1960mah, go look up your device. Add them all up.

Then work out your “S” of relative to where you are now how much longer you need them to last. Say your iphone7 (example) is flat at half way to where you want and so S = 2. You want to double your life.

So now we are nearly there. Your “N” = 1960mah your S = 2 so you need to add 1960mah to your iphone7, then use the 2/3rds rule so (S-1)/N/23. So (S-1) = 1 in your case of S=2. N = 1960. Punch in and (S-1)/N/23 = (2-1)/19603/2=119603/2 = 19603/2=2940 so you need a 2940 mah battery. So a sample product like the Powercore+ Mini would suffice.

Do the math to work out N, S and the (S-1)/N*2/3 should give you a decent answer.

Typically we see something like a Powercore Slim (5000mah) or a Powercore 10000mah being a good answer for 90% of people.

1 Like

Without knowing your use case and needs, its hard to suggest.

For example… My wife, with her iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2, still uses her older Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh. It has 3 usb ports and supports Anker’s PowerIQ. Its a relatively compact size. To this day, it still does a great job, and gives her the added power she needs on the go.

Me, in my work laptop bag, I carry my Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh, but I also carry my Anker PowerCore+ 10050. The PowerCore+10050 supports QC2.0 fast charging of my Samsung phones, where as my Astro doesn’t. I basically use the PowerCore+10050, then if it dies and I need more power, or I need to charge additional devices (since the PC+10050 only has 1 usb port) I switch to the Astro3.

When we travel (like our Disney World trips). we drop an Anker PowerCore 20100 and a PowerCore Mini into my bag… The 20100 gives me more capacity so I can charge more devices (phones, iPads, Nikon point&shoot camera, etc) as we walk around the airports, parks, etc. Unfortunately it only has 2 USB ports, and doesn’t support QC for my Samsung phones so they charge at a “normal” rate. The Mini is great for putting in my pants Pocket. We do still bring those Astro’s and PowerCore+, but we usually don’t need them, unless my sister-in-law is along and needs to charge her phone (and her boyfriend’s) too. When in the parks, the PowerCore 20100 is bigger than fits “in my pants pocket”, so its not as convenient to carry. Most of the time I only use it when we are carrying a bag/backpack.

So it really comes down to usage case, size, capacity, and charging capabilities. And by “capabilities” I mean, number of ports (or simultaneous devices you wish to charge), do you need QC2.0/3.0, or USB-C, etc?