What's the DUMBEST thing you've ever spent money on?

I have bought loads of crap tech from eBay from usb Flash drives that are meant to be 256gb that turn out to be 4gb, rc cars to drones, led charging cables, smart watches, power banks, battery cases lol the list does go on and does include fidget spinners/cubes unfortunately :grimacing:

Most recent was a hat that had speakers built in (which were connected by wire) needless to say when I put it on my head it stretched and broke the wire - rendering it as just a hat with annoying hard plastic in the ears lol

Not that it stops me as I hope the next purchase isn’t too good to be true.

(I’m just glad I haven’t won lottery as my house would be full of pointless/broken things)

1 Like

Only paranoid people :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I watch too much tech movies where people spy on other thru their computer. Hahaha.

2 Likes

What did it turn out to be, if not food? :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks wayyyyyy better then that stupid thing I bought. LOL…

It was nice of you to buy your attic, it’s own tablet :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes @AnkerOfficial - sadly, and most regrettably, I have spent money on the dumbest, most stupid thing in the world :pensive:. A shameful thing, it was. Now, this might not be what you’re looking for based on your opening thread, but I can’t thinknof anything worse! Sucking it up and putting it out there:

Cigarettes :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::weary:

1 Like

Mine would have to be a microwave egg poacher, never worked despite every little documented and undocumented trick in the book, either not cooked or they became un-shelled hard boiled eggs :laughing: . Now just do them the old fashioned way in either a poaching pan or directly into the water…

Along the same lines: mine was a microwave bacon fryer. The plastic tray melted before the bacon ever fried. :confused:

And, that’s why I don’t buy from eBay!

So many…

The absolute worst was probably an umbrella I bought at a dollar store. What I was thinking? The thing broke in three pieces in the first rain with a little wind.

I also purchased an “As seen on TV” thing that supposedly could grill three hamburgers at once with little mess - it was like a frying pan with three round nests for the burgers, and a metal lid. The liquid from the burgers overflowed easily, dripping on the induction plate, making a lot of mess, not to mention smoke. Less bad I could return it…

Yes, their privates :wink: :smiley:

I just use electrical tape. Holding strong since day one. About 2 years now… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sodium Pocket

What about when you actually want to use the webcam? :thinking:

I have never used a webcam post age of 19. Plus the electrical tape easily comes off from what I recall. If not oh well. :joy:

My Bachelor’s Degree…

1 Like

The dumbest thing I ever bought was actually just this week. As I told my wife I was always interested in RC cars and helicopters and airplanes, but as a kid never was bought any by my parents, so fast forward to adulthood (sorta, since I still have a love for RC stuff :hushed:) I told her I shall now rewrite my childhood since I cant relive it as most people say when they buy toys they played with in the past. So I went out and purchased an RC Helicopter and an RC Airplane, I came home with the biggest smile she’s ever seen she said :unamused: Anyways, I proceeded to fully charge the battery and fully assemble the RC Airplane as that was the one I was most interested in. 1 hour later I was an expert on the operation and owner manual and we had ourselves an aircraft even the Wright brothers would give me a fist bump for. Air traffic control gives me “the look” (wife) and I hit the throttle to full open and I see my childhood slowly getting in the air and away it goes, then an easterly gust brings it all down in what has to be the worst RC crash in RC Aviation history in my area. Pieces over a hundred of them, now reminders at why parents refrain from buying a child a $1100 dollar piece of glass with wings.

3 Likes

In???:joy:

Security Management… don’t get me wrong, it was useful to me, but I still feel like I got suckered into the whole scheme of the “for-profit colleges” we have here in the stateside.

1 Like

Buying an iPhone on contract.

If had bought an unlocked Android phone I’d not have dragged on 2 years, months after my battery began failing (turn off at 20% charge), and a PAYG SIM is half the cost.

1 Like