What's the DUMBEST thing you've ever spent money on?

I bought a Fender American Elite Jazz Bass so that I could play bass for a band and shortly after playing a couple gigs got an offer to play drums instead. Lol

I’ve seen these before. I just opted for a sticky note!

Anker asks some of the greatest questions in life.

Yeeeouch!!! Would have loved to see the look on your wife’s face. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a sticky note for years. Must have been lack of sleep when I came across the Nope. I can’t remember if I was on Indiegogo or Kickstarter when I came across it.

1 Like

@Nhi funny because I almost backed that same campaign, but decided not to because I ended up backing a different one. So glad now because so many have had issues with it.

:joy: She didn’t say a word, surprisingly…

Maybe a common thing.
I wasted a lot money in different Panini sticker collections. But afterwards you are always smarter.

Really eh? I have one. It’s wonderful. Yours might have just been a dud. Sorry to hear that though!

I have Spent my money on a lot of pointless trinkets and things that sit around and only collect dust, I’ve bought cheap toys and only used them for a week like a toy rubber band guns, I bought cheap accessories like glasses watches and wallets that I knew wouldn’t last but some how I am still surprised when they start deteriorating a month in. But Most Recently the dumbest way I can remember wasting money is this; My brakes were going out on my car so I went online and ordered high quality pads and rotors. fast forward one week, its Thursday, my brakes are due to come in the mail tomorrow. I’m driving and something kicks up and wedges into my fron’t left rotor and brake pad braking the entire caliper off and instead of just having em replace the caliper and taking the bus to work on Friday I have do the brakes and all and rotors they gave me cost 140$ more not including the cost of the calipers and labor and the rotors were of lesser quality. In addition to that I could have return the brakes and rotors I ordered but shipping was gonna cost 40$ and I only paid 65 so I figured with the amount of time, effort, and gas money it’d be cheaper just to keep em… All because I didn’t want to take the bus one day… but at least the brake pads came with a life time warranty and I can put the rotors on when these one ware out.

1 Like

with 2 kids and their toys yeah…I’ll be happy if the item last a week

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I bought a microwave egg poacher too! But it works pretty well, I bring to the office and eat an egg everyday.:yum:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: The band should pay for you…

1 Like

Scrolling through this topic : Now I know I’m not the only one to waste my money on dumb things :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I paid $10 for one on amazon and pretty much received nothing more than a piece of black electrical tape! Naturally, I promptly returned it and cut out my own.

Can you ask refund?:joy::joy:

This was a good read​:joy::joy::joy: stupid purchases sure make for great stories.

What’s wrong with RavPower? They seem to have good review on Amazon. Not that I would buy their product, I’m very satisfied with Anker, no intention to change. Just curious.

1 Like

Ravpower has been known to have issues with certain batteries, also from a avid reviewer I will say that if you leave them a negative feedback they will press you to no end to change your review to positive and even going as far as having Amazon remove negative reviews.

1 Like