What's the difference between

What’s the difference between the Anker power core 26800 quick charge and PD?

PD will deliver at up to 30w - enough to power a laptop. Quick Charge is pretty much just good for phones that are compatible. What are you planning to charge with the 26800? I’ll help you decide what to use.

1 Like

mostly cell phone, but it could come in handy for a laptop. Does it come with charger plugs for various laptops?

The battery only comes with a micro-usb, the one that charges most Android phones. It will only charge laptops with USB-c inputs (pretty much some MacBooks and some Chromebooks only). Basically, if your laptop is more than 2 years old it is probably not going to charge from this battery.

The good thing about this battery is that you can plug any usb cable (like the one that comes with an iphone or iPad) right into it. Just unplug it from the little wall adapter it came with and plug it right into the battery.

Based on your questions, it sounds like you are more likely to use the quick charge than PD.

3 Likes

I’m probably the only one with heretical views that:

• 26800 is so huge you’re going to struggle to gain much benefit. It’s like a week of phone or say a day of laptop

• the entry level 26800 is 20W input and 12W per port output. The highest laptop drains no more than 10W s if you plug in the 26800 is will keep most items fully charged.

• if you have a 26800 it has to be in a bag, so might as well just plug it in all the time, therefore faster charging doesn’t make a material benefit

• therefore buy the basic.

I had a laptop in 2009, an old Acer was for the time a bloody good price.

Whilst other well known laptops were costing over £700, this was £399.

Yet, it had a usb 3 port, just the one, but it had one. So they been around a lot longer than you may think. As I said, it was almost half anything else on the market at the time, but (all reviews would say… Can’t slate it at this price, but the finish ain’t great and somethings were obvs built down to a price) was quite well stacked for how much it cost.