What's the Best Fastest Anker Car Charger for Essential Phone PH-1?

Any Essential Phone PH-1 owners who can weigh in on this matter. What’s the Best Fastest Anker Car Charger for Essential Phone PH-1 ? For its very power hungry phone.

I have purchased Anker Car Charger AK-A2229011 USB C Car Charger, Anker 49.5W PowerDrive Speed+ 2 Car Adapter with One 30W PD Port. I have had with mixed results, charging speeds:

• In a U- Haul Truck I recently rented Essential Phone PH-1 Charged at Rapid Speed 100% of the time.
    *** In a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado Charging speed varied constantly switching from Slow to Rapid back and forth. **
    *** In a 2018 Dodge Caravan Charging speed varied constantly switching from Slow to Rapid back and forth.**

In a 2018 Mercedes S 500 Charging speed varied constantly switching from Slow to Rapid back and forth

I get :cry: most current gen vehicles were not designed to charge the new class of phones / tablets that take up 30 Watts **
Is Anker working on a Power Bank solution that designed to stay live in your car?**

What are the choking points if I want to upgraded my cars charging capacity?

The Essentials wall charger outputs a maximum of 5V 3A Or 9V 3A, It can charge at up to 27W.

From Essential
support page "Essential Phone uses an open charging standard called “USB Power Delivery” for charging (note that this is different from Qualcomm’s Quick Charge technology). It can charge at up to 27W.

For best results with third-party chargers, look for one that supports USB Power Delivery over USB Type-C. Most standard USB chargers will also work, but will not charge the phone rapidly." link enter link description here

The Anker charger you purchased, the AK-A2229011 is capable of fast charging your phone and maintaining that charge. The problem comes down to the charging circuitry of the vehicle its being used in and what the rated output for the socket its placed in. Based on what you said of the varied times, those sockets may not be able to handle the amperage draw unless the car is actively being charged via the alternator. Another factor aside from the cars charging is the type of cable being used, not all cables are capable of fast charging a phone and even those that are may not be able to maintain it due to wear and tear.

My advice, try a brand new USB-C to USB-C cable from Anker with your car charger and see if it can maintain that fast charge rate. I have no issues using this with my Galaxy S9+ and it fast charges my phone consistently.

1 Like