What's going on Anker?!

Hi, it’s good to hear from you too!:yum:

1 Like

Why thank you Louise! Its lovely to meet you too!
We look forward to helping you maintain this wonderful company! As its worried me just how much Aukey has risen in the meantime! Certainly giving Anker a run for the money now! I’ve actually got an Anker and Aukey battery that have been sent to me for testing! So hopefully i can prove Anker still has what it takes!

1 Like

@luke.cuddehay @nigelhealy @Isaac_Schloss @neildutta Well well, look what we have today [Contest Ended] PowerPort 2 Elite: Exclusive Community Giveaway

Yeah but you must share it so it’s not for the community and it’s open for days so the frequent participants get equal chance.

1 Like

It does go for days and my comment was #300. It doesn’t take long as you know for the comments to quickly pile up. Random selection for winners would be easier than the top ten. I believe this contest will go more smoothly.

Agreed. This will be easier and more fair. Not limited to first 300 posts but random 300 out of all commenters

I feel like the first 300 would be better. It is more rewarding to those who are more frequently on the forum.

1 Like

It would be fairer if it was not limited to one country. Frankly it’s this “only available in X country” that has started putting me off Anker.
Their products are great, but when the ones I want are not available in the UK it gets rather annoying.

1 Like

Nice idea, if it’s announced on the community first (rather than via email) to allow contributing members a fairer shot. On email/social media it’s seems to be a starter gun for everyone to come running for a single giveaway, then run back in the opposite direction once the goodies are bagged.

Maybe they could work it in some way that before you can enter giveaways etc that you have to have a minimum number of community posts or likes…

I hear ya, quite a number of items have caught my eye also but the dreaded ‘only available in X country’ rears it’s head.

2 Likes

I think they are doing something like that with Bucks.

To benefit this community we need offers in this community which are not then broadcast on Facebook.

All that happens is my chances of winning drops via majority who dip in here with a comment and disappear again. I don’t see them helping out.

So the UK and USA have chosen to have different physical plugs so Anker has to make different physical products. The USA plug type is more common than the UK plug type.

So I can see why the Elite is USA only.

They’d have no legitimate reason to punish the UK for most other products like the Powercore, Soundbuds etc as they don’t connect to power socket

Hi @nigelhealy, we will make raffles section only to benefit this community. So don’t worry, it will coming soon.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @Arwen , we give a lot of weight to your opinion, I would like to invite you to join the campaign next week.:grin:

1 Like

Yup, I get that.
However how they make a few products with interchangeable plugs. I see no reason why they cannot do that with nearly everything they produce. It’s pretty common now for all sorts of equipment to come with a “changeable plug head”.

1 Like

Anker does make interchangeable heads it’s the Lite products and of course the 4+ ports it’s just a cable.

Personally I find the USA products better and yes I travel to the UK often. The USA mains sockets are smaller the wires thinner and a plug adapter on a USA product is no larger.

I accept that the US bias is annoying.

ugh! Why would I waste my Anker bucks on Sweepstakes :frowning: I wish they would at least have a scheme where Bucks could be converted to Gift certificates or at the very least converted to special codes that would give 50% or more off new Anker products

1 Like

I wish that too! @AnkerOfficial?

4 Likes

Same, haha! I hope we get to keep them whenever this new program roles out!!!