What wireless charging pads work with the latest Airpods?

Hi I’m trying to help figure out what to recommend for someone with Airpods.

I have these two chargers:

I just tried them:

• the iPhone works on both pads, the pad moves from no light to a solid blue light, the phone shows it’s being charged
  • but the Airpods don’t cause any reaction on the stand version and the flat version causes a flashing blue light, not like the iPhone which causes a solid blue light. I can’t tell if the airpods are actually charging (they show no real indication when wired charging) but the fact the iPhone caused a solid blue light but the Airpods a flashing blue light makes me think the Airpods are not charging.

Not sure if salient but they are being powered off a Mini 12W 2.4A 5V port.
Help!

2 Likes

That is super weird

So do you have this pad and Airpods and work for you?

What I was thinking of recommending was buy the IQ + IQ3 dual port and a 3ft C-L cable and a flat pad and then tell them to charge the iPhone wired if in a hurry, wireless if no hurry and if need to charge the Airpods then charge them Wired and the iPhone wireless, but it would be neater to say either wired or wireless works for either and let them choose which.

I buy / recommend the tech for about 20 people, and someone is getting an iPhone for their birthday soon (they don’t know it but I’m helping decide the charging tech)

2 Likes

I have the PowerWave 7.5 Pad and it works with AirPods… Don’t see why these would be any different.

There are so many fakes around meanwhile, hope he got original ones.

1 Like

Looks very original, got engraving.

All the information on the Apple web page leads me to think they require a 7.5w wireless charger.
But I get that only from the perspective that all the wireless chargers in their site seem to be 7.5 and the ones that mention AirPods are 7.5w.

So maybe this is required?

Anker Wireless Charger, 10W Max PowerWave Stand Upgraded, Qi-Certified, 7.5W for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, Xs Max, XS, X, 8 Plus, 10W for Galaxy S20 S10 S9 S8, Note 10 Note 9 (No AC Adapter) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TTJ6KSH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_PDLzFbTJ3YA0M

1 Like

Mystery solved, seems there’s more than one option

The Airpods I tested was bought non-wireless charging case!

Moderators please close thread thanks.

1 Like

LOL :laughing: And that will go down in history as the last Apple product @professor ever bought for anyone…

Last option :
Airpods
without Charging Case and without Airpods : 49 USD :rofl::rofl:

There’s a special place in hell for Apple who sell 3 versions of identical looking products with an invisible difference.

Fortunately no Apple products have been bought yet, just testing existing Apple products with existing Anker products to prove out what works before any spending.

1 Like

Shhht!!!

I know this too, but I dont tell! :rofl:
But it depends on, my daughter likes her new IPAD,
the love will vanish if there is no more upgrade possible. :wink:

I inherited the old one - stored in the drawer now.

Fortunately I managed to prevent one young person from getting iPhone. They were using the argument they had an iPad and the app ecosystem, but as their parents were was paying I convinced the buyer to get themselves a new Android phone and give their old Android phone to the kid.

That’s a lifetime of lower cost phones I saved them, hopefully. Once someone get an iPhone they often get stuck there. They’ll thank me later hopefully :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apple will catch you!

Download