What was your reason to join the community?

When I read the discussion about “How to gain VIP in life?”. I thought what took me to join the community.

I had my first contact with Anker 1.5 years ago. I played ingress (the better game from niantic) and this game use a lot of power. The other players had the problem in the past and told me that they recommend Anker for the power banks, because they have a good service and had Ingress banks.

I looked on the website and there was something interesting so I decided to sign up.

That was my short story. Do you have a story? I’m just curious because some members are here for a long time.

1 Like

I have been an Anker consumer and admirer for a while. I joined the community once I started consulting the Anker website for products and learned about the Power User program. I’ve never got to be a Power User, but it led me to this community.

1 Like

I honestly don’t remember why I joined or what I was doing at the time. I am part of a large number of forums and I use to try and visit each one at least once a day, but that got old real fast and I scaled it down to just 2 forums I visit regularly. Since I use to always carry an anker branded battery, galaxy s3 replacement battery, and the plugs in my car always reminded me if anker I made it 1 of the 2 sites I visit regularly.

1 Like

They mentioned it on Facebook and began giving free stuff here.

2 Likes

I wanted a more reliable cable than the basic apples one from a reputable brand so anker became my only choice for all products

1 Like

I joined, cos the advertising hinted at getting.products for free, in return for fair reviews.

In the year plus I’ve been a.member… nothing, all USA only.

Hurricane sandy

1 Like

Been using Anker products for 5+ years now, I know I’ve had an account for a while (not exactly sure how long) but only recently started to become active on the forum. Most of the previous forums I’ve been in have been car or bike related, but I’ve always had a keen interest in tech and having the latest gadgets etc.

1 Like

If there’s no free stuff, will you come?:laughing:

Arriving vs staying vs leaving are 3 different decisions.

We are now preparing 3 Christmas campaigns, you can keep an eye out for it. :grin:
One of them are valid for many countries.:blush:

3 Likes

I curious about what makes people keep staying in this community.:sunglasses:

The friendly atmosphere, wealth of knowledge from @nigelhealy and others

1 Like

So we appear to have a spectrum of engagement. You will get a spectrum response.

For me it is 3 main topics:

• telling Anker to pull its finger out and make better products. So being a pain in the *****. You make next what I know we need.

• helping other community members who in some situations could benefit from advice

• free stuff and discounts. For me I tend to use new things for me and gift a lot to others (family mostly) so the free / discount stuff is really me being the Anker advocate to others (I look after about 12 people currently giving / guiding).

If you combine these 3 topics I’m getting free stuff to give to others items I helped make happen by giving input. Make sense?

4 Likes

I’m still here! lol

1st I came for the free stuff in exchange for fair reviews.

Now I stay because of the great group of people, hilarious posts, and helpful information.

awww :upside_down:

The draw: Free products for review, power draw, campaigns for freebies.

However, without active community members and mods, I would be less inclined to visit so frequently. The Like feature of this forum helps keep me engaged.

Received an email in Sept 2016 asking would I be interested in joining as a past purchaser of Anker products, the curiosity got the better of me and here I am :laughing:

Now I have additional daily motivation beyond giving helpful advice (I hope occasionally) by helping control possible chaos that can occur as one of the mods with @TechnicallyWell with assistance by our other active keen eyed members :grin:

The introduction of the PowerDraw and giveaway’s is a nice bonus for gifting and the like but seeing other active members being able to reap some rewards for their contributions is good…

2 Likes

Do mods get a bonus entry per power draw entry? If yes, sign me up as a mod. LOL :smiley: Just kidding…or am I? :neutral_face:

Waking up every morning tired and sweaty, wondering why. Getting up to go through yet another day, another x on the calendar. Stopping and gazing at the sunrise deciding now is the time to do it, with a tear in thy eye, looking and praying, hand gripped tightly and ready to do it… then see that…

You have won something in the power draw! A new power user item (cough cough)! To see that a friend far away has replied to a post! To feel delighted that another like was obtained! To feel satisfied putting an iPhone 8 on a wireless charger!

2 Likes