What was your FIRST phone?

While smartphones are prevalent today, it’s hard to believe that they were unheard of not too long ago. What was your first cell phone?

Mine was the Nokia 8290 and I loved it. It met all of my requirements at the time:

• It could store up to 5 downloaded ringtones (monophonic, of course)
  • It could store up to 5 group graphics (that was like picture Caller ID back in the day)
  • It had the “Snake” game preinstalled!

1 Like

Nokia 5190, texting wasn’t so prevalent, and snake, was the game to play.

1 Like

Not sure which of these two beauty’s was first but the one on the left has the retractable antenna so that was likely first circa 2000-2001. Sure miss holding a phone that properly wraps around your face for making phone calls.

Uploading…

1 Like

My first phone…well it was my mom’s old Samsung R100 Stunt. Now my first smartphone was the Moto G 1st Gen. Now I have a OnePlus One. But I had an S5 for a short time and a few other phones but my daily has been the One.

1 Like

Mine was a Motorola StarTac, followed by new version of the StarTac (still some of my favorite voice call cell service) then I moved into the nokia line. I think it was the Nokia 5190.

1 Like

Mine was the good old Nokia 3210, cover all the things I needed (to make calls :relaxed:)

1 Like

nokia looks about right, first smartphone was a hermes 8525 running windows, i also had a palm pilot V

you know they are bringing the nokia brick phone back right?

now the kids who graduated in the 80s are at their prime earning potentials, the nostalgia from our youth is coming back

1 Like

Mine was a Motorola Razr it was pretty snazzy for the time. I actually wouldnt mind having one again or the Nokia 8290, lethal weapon/phone in one. :joy:

1 Like

A friend of mine still uses that phone occasionally, he brings it camping to an area where none of us get reception except for him with that phone on the same carrier.

My first phone I got then I started working in a corner shop. Saved for months to pay for it!
It was a Panasonic GD67 -

1 Like