What to do!? I'm torn

I have been recently introduced to this company and love the community feedback and support. I have my first battery and charging brick on Amazon wish list for holiday but just heard about the upcoming Qualcomm 4.0 supposed to be released early 2017. Aside from my love for tech I also want to future proof as much as I can in this ever changing industry. Should I wait for upcoming launch promotions of new 4.0QC or just buy current model? Or both? :slight_smile: Does anyone else struggle with dilemmas such as this? Anker makes such good products I always want the latest and greatest.

I’m primarily an Apple guy myself, so I don’t keep up on the QC specs too much. I would do a little research and determine how significant any changes are, and how quickly new devices that you may purchase will require the QC4.

Like tommcd24, I’m an Apple guy too so the QC technology advancements don’t mean too much to me except for the actual charging of external batteries which are QC compatible. Even then, this is not a big issue for me either since I usually just charge overnight where speed is not a critical factor.

I’m sorry to hear the tragic news, that both of you use apple lol! All kidding aside, I am looking to get a phone upgrade soon and the pixel or nexus family are the runners up so far and both support QC, then next dilemma is the conversion to USB C eventually so get it now? or buy adaptors later?

Apple’s new MacBook has USB C so we have that in common. Thanks for advice.

3 Likes

My newest PowerCore are QC3. I bought them before buying my Pixel and they work fine with it.

However I am wanting to move all my cables to usb C if possible. So I am now waiting on a PowerCore that has usb C input and outputs, and is usb C PD approved.

2 Likes

Apple all the way so QC means nothing to me lol