What Song Reminds You of a Memorable Event? | Share and Win

metallica nothing else matters

2 Likes

Happiness.

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day!
I played the guitar and sang this at my fifth grade talent show as a farewell to my classmates. The memories always come back! :blush:

3 Likes

Just hold on we are going home by drake, reminds me of the school bus home

1 Like

Level 42 - It’s Over - or as i call it - the ultimate breakup song.

2 Likes

“When the children cry” by White Lion. It was the last song my friends (that I grew up with since we we’re 4) and I listened to before I moved out of state. That was almost 30 years ago.

1 Like

Both of Us - B.o.B ft. Taylor Swift <3

1 Like

I think my favorite song is Africa by Toto. Never gets old. https://youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY

Out of Touch, by Hall & Oats. The song that transitioned me from analog music to digital, in 1985.

I guess my all time favourite song would have to be Voodoo Child by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Stevie Ray Vaughn also recorded the song as well and is just as great, there is a slight difference but it’s just the style that they play the guitar and of course how they sing it as well

1 Like

When my kiddos were little they used to have a few songs on the radio that they would sing enthusiastically and as loud as they could…so whenever I hear them it reminds me of those times…“Me Neither” by Brad Paisley and “Itty Bitty” by Alan Jackson are two of those songs.

1 Like

Would love to use these to listen to Allman Bros. Band while I’m exercising.
enter link description here

Bring me the horizon - throne

I’ll probably be one of the select few picking a country song, though my music tastes all over the map & I have many favorites so it’s hard to pick just one. I like Kellie Pickler’s “Tough”, rings true to me.

It is a very fitting day to remember Gordon Downie as it has been one year, so anything Tragically Hip brings brings me back to the days of my youth.

Summer of 69

Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill. Enough said…

This song… Remembering Myself by Stephen.

Whenever I hear this song, it takes me back to a really emotional time for me: my first true breakup.

I remember it vividly: I was destroyed at the time. I had just learned my girlfriend had cheated on me. So… I left her. She blamed me for “abusing her love”. But…fast forward a month later, and the boy she cheated on me with cheated on HER. So she tried to get back with me, to relive the things she felt with me.

I declined, as I had by that time found someone new.

This song, namely the line “It feels good to lie that I’m alive without myself”, is a perfect representation of my personality, my history, and my future. That I’m nothing without me.

But all emo things aside, this is a great song. You should definitely give it a listen.

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow. Middle school days were so liiitt on the bus rides to trips. When Fergie says “Will.i.am drop the beat now”, it was a dance battle. lol Good ole days. :raised_hands:

Monster by Kanye West, me and my girlfriend used to take turns doing all the parts :joy: