What Song Reminds You of a Memorable Event? | Share and Win

Hey Anker Fans,

Has a song ever started playing and it instantly transports you back to a particular moment? Sometimes I’ll hear songs that remind me of a memorable vacation or my schooldays. Sometimes though, a song will remind me of something really random like a train ride from years ago or just making dinner at home!

To celebrate the power of music, we’re giving away 5 Spirit X wireless earphones so you can soundtrack your future memories. If you want to be in with a chance of winning, just share your special song in the comments below. Sharing the memory it is linked to is optional, but feel free to tell your story if you like.

Good Luck!

Rules:

1. Leave a comment below to be automatically entered into the giveaway.
  2. We are giving away 5 Soundcore Spirit X wireless earphones.
  3. The winners will be selected at random.
  4. Giveaway ends on October 25th, 2018 at 12:00 am PDT.
  5. Winners will be announced on October 26th, 2018.
  6. Open to residents in the USA, Canada, UK, and Germany.
  7. Anker reserves the right of final explanation.

Hey Anker Fans,

Thank you all for sharing your favorite song and the unforgettable memories linked to that song. I was touched by many of your stories, and now I have so much to listen to over the weekend! Music always inspires and heals us…I hope these Spirit X headphones help our 5 lucky winners soundtrack some amazing times during the upcoming holiday season.

The 5 lucky winners are:

Congratulations!

All the winners will receive a confirmation email next week to arrange delivery of your prize.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!

26 Likes

This song right here, for all lifes troubles and ups and downs in relationships. When you find the right one, you know it’s TRUE. For my wife, I love you always

3 Likes

Since Green Day’s Time of Your LIfe seems to be played at every school dance even today, it always reminds me of high school when I hear it.

1 Like

One of my favourite songs is Sapato Velho, by Brazilian band Roupa Nova - for those of you wondering, the song title would translate to Old Shoes, and the band, New Clothes, but hear me out… This song was on the very first Roupa Nova album, and I liked it since I was a kid. There’s a nice poetry about the lyrics, and the melody also touches me.

Well, it just so happens that the band was to play in a winter festival near the town I lived in Brazil, and of course I was there. So was a group of friends, my siblings and their friends. For some reason, that was the winter festival of love for many of us. At some point over the long weekend, almost everyone who hadn’t already come with a pair got one, and I found myself alone with the other few who hand’t found someone to be with. One of those people was my sister’s friend. Well, just because we weren’t enjoying the festival like the others, it didn’t mean we wouldn’t go to the concert. So we went, five of us, the lonely people. I spent the whole concert waiting for that song to play. The band played over an hour - being a thirty-year band, they have a lot of success songs to play - and I began losing hope of hearing it live in such a beautiful setting.

Well, it just so happens, and I learned it right there, right then, that the song was also one of the band’s favourite, and they had prepared a special treat for everyone: they saved it for last, and they would play it accompanied by the Symphonic Orchestra of the town. It was beautiful, almost indescribable. And that girl, my sister’s friend, noticed I was deeply moved by the song, and came close to me, noticing my heartbeat was very fast. She would later told me that she never looked at me in that particular way, up until that point I was just her friend’s older brother and a somewhat private person.

We didn’t get together in the festival, but we would shortly after. And we are still together today, 16 years after, living in a new country for the last six, with a new baby and getting ready to purchase our first home.

The song was already one of my favourites, but since then it gained a whole new meaning for me. Here it is, in a acoustic version, for your appreciation:

4 Likes

Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto

The girl from Ipanema.

I like the Portuguese version much more, but haven’t found a video :heart_eyes:

Stan Getz was such a great musician. Unforgotten his saxophone sound!
This times I was a nice and smart boy, now I am only smart . :grin:

4 Likes

There you have it, my friend:

2 Likes

OTHERSIDE - RHCP
When I hear it immediately it reminds me of my school friend and best friend, because he always sang that music, he enjoyed it with passion, I think it was his favorite. That music reminds me a lot of school time and brings thousands of school moments to mind, trips, walks, meetings, and laughter

1 Like

I love this song because it was one of the first movie i ever found extremely entertaining and made me laugh. Its also on of my favorite because it has alot of personal memories as well. Some are good memories that helped me mature into a good person that i am and other bad ones where a certain someone took advantage of my kindness. Either way good or bad i love this song and the movie so much.

1 Like

Out of all the songs throughout the years, nothing is more memorable to me than Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody. When I was growing up, my dad had (and still does) a HiFi record player. Take in mind that this was back in in the late 80’s-early 90’s when speakers were not how they are today. He has had it since he was in his late teens and it was his pride and joy. He had about 150+ records that I can remember, but nothing resonated throughout the house than Queen. When he would leave to run errands with my mom, the first thing I would do would go downstairs in the basement where it was and turn on Bohemian Rhapsody as loud as it could go. I got away with it more times than I can remember, but the one time that they forgot something at the house and came back, I decided to do it right after they left. He walks in, I am upstairs in the kitchen rocking out and the look on his face will stick with me for a lifetime. Let’s just say I was a lot more careful after that point.

5 Likes

My song is the “Don’t Cry” by Gun n’ Rose…

It was my favorite during university time. It reminds me of a breakup. However, the song was a celebration of the relationship and not the result of it. It was one of the best rock ballad of the modern time.

cheers…

3 Likes

Woah, cool just got Slim+ but why not!

Definitely have one of those myself. Mr Brightside by The Killers was playing after my ex and I broke it off after 5 years. Good thing I get to hear it still as it has been on the UK Top 100 for over 15 years now. But that was a long time ago relationship and I couldn’t be happier in with my wife and family. Still stings ever so slightly still to this day though…

2 Likes

I’m a huge Chicago sports fan.

So, besides the Superbowl Shuffle and the 85 Bears.

The 2005 Chicago White Sox went 11-1 in the Playoffs when no one believed in them all year. Don’t Stop Believing!

1 Like

Diamonds by Rihanna, watching her live in Cape Town in 2013, first trip abroad with work and it was amazing. Open air stadium, crystal clear sky, stars everywhere and Rihanna singing Diamonds :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::south_africa::south_africa::south_africa:

1 Like

Well music is my life always has been from a young age so it’s difficult to choose really. However one track has sprung to mind and for me, it’s always sad memories which stick to songs…the artist is Matchbox20 and their song If You’re Gone. Me and my ex from some time ago loved them and the album Mad Season. Loved this song and it always reminds me of her and the times we had. So I guess in a way it’s also comes with good memories. I think every time I listen to this particular band I’ll always be reminded of her.
Thanks for the opportunity to try win some of these earphones - my iPhone and me will be very appreciative to use these and say bye bye to pesky wires which really annoy me!!!

2 Likes

I knew I would marry my wife when she tenderly sang me “My Pal Foot Foot” when we got stuck in a closet with a bucket of hot wings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY

1 Like

The most memorable song to me is Eyes by Kaskade. It brings back so many memories of my first concert and how it made me feel, every time I hear it. The song runs down my spine and brings me joy.

1 Like

It’s hard to say what my song is, there’s just too many candidates. I guess that’s a good thing?

1 Like

I will forever love this song, when me and some friends went on a late night road trip and this was one of the songs that played and it stuck with me the most.

2 Likes