What’s Your Biggest Work From Home Fail? (Contest!)

My fail has to do with the construction of my house lol.

I am a college student doing work and attending class from home, and my dad works from home in the room right next to me. Because of our stupid home construction, I can hear him very clearly whenever he is talking on the phone (it is like we r in the same room) I can even hear when he farts, sneezes, coughs, etc… :joy::joy:

My my most favourite movie is Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hello,
My working from home depends mostly on good Internet, my Mac and attached devices. Once I was on a very important video call and the small, poor quality hub, failed on the middle of the call. Monitor, video camera and speakerphone attached to it gone!.. Luckily I had on my bag a travel hub from Anker, very quickly attached it and in few minutes I was up an running. This is now-a-days the one I use and depend on it!. Thanks @AnkerOfficial ! :smiley:

Was playing round with backgrounds on teams while in audio only then accidentally enabled camera with a Minecraft background. Second occasion was my waiting to be let into being, shouted to family thinking I was still in lobby but turned out I was actually in the meeting.

Since 13 months I am working 100% from home.
I have luckily only 1 videocall every Monday with my boss and my team, all others in the week are without video. My mum came one day to pick up my cat to take her to the vetinary for me as she had the time to do it for me.
Of course it was during the video call. My Mum KNEW it is a video call, but she went directly behind me (cat was hiding under my desk). She was waering joggers , a big vest and a silly wool hat and appeared directly in the camera behind me.
My boss started to laugh and asked who now entered the call? My Mum was really convinced that she is not visible and was just standing like a ghost behind me.
I said „say hello to my mum!“ and everybody started waving to her. She waved back like a robot.
I handed over the cat to her and pushed her slightly out off the picture with a „bye mum“.
Five minutes later the team were still laughing.

@Hermes_Alvarez Think you got the wrong thread, perhaps this one?

thanks @ndalby I will remove and post this in the correct thread…not sure why i posted to this one lol…

1 Like

My biggest fail was forgetting my kids. I was on a BluEJeans video call and forgot to pick my kids up at school. The school had to call me to come get them. I quickly ran out of the office to go pick the kids up all while leaving the video call on and everyone wondering wear I went.

My biggest work from home fail stemmed from my misguided decision to buy my puppy a cow leg bone that was bigger than her head. When she heard the voices of my coworkers coming from my laptop during a web meeting, she got so excited she dropped the giant bone on the keyboard, breaking it.

Trying to loose weight during this pandemic has been a struggle. So I turned to playing Pokémon Go to stay active. While on a Microsoft Teams meeting with my supervisor and other colleagues they requested that I share my screen. I forgot to exit out of my google search screen which listed the weakness and strengths of Rayquaza and how to earn more stardust. I couldn’t get my fingers to move fast enough get out of the page. I only stalled and laughed in disbelief. What’s more exciting is that another person asked what charge attacks he should keep. #AnkerWork

Mine would probably me when my boy was waiting on Teams for his morning school registration and I was busy on a work phone call. I didn’t realise I was being so loud and when I came off the phone my boy told me the teacher could hear me and told him to mute and he missed his turn when the teacher went around the class asking them how their work had been the day before! He wasn’t happy with me but needless to say I always go into another room now when on a phone call!

1 Like

Oh boy — I can only pick one? LOL!!!

I guess I’ll go with the most stressful — my set up includes 3 laptops, each with a dedicated purpose - 2 of which I had to drag from the edge of the electronics recycling bin early on & whose batteries aren’t functional… but they work soooo. Add 2 smartphones to the mix. I clerk public meetings & create the minutes so I have to be present & focused the entire time. About 1/2 way through a meeting, I put my feet to the sides on the floor to roll back for a quick stretch… when I stepped down, I accidently kicked the power strip under the baseboard heater & it hit the power switch! The sounds of powering down ensued as the Zoom meeting and associated documents went black. I was left with a Word document staring at me from the 3rd laptop looking at me wondering why I’d stopped my non-stop typing. Ackk!!! I commandeered my husband’s desktop computer while he was on it – logged back into the mtg, put my digital recorder on his desk & rebooted all… only the host knew I was missing as he had to let me back in LOL ---- I now have the power strip corralled but the threat always looms :smiley:

I was hosting our student talent show on zoom last fall and I was so nervous that my connection would stay strong, the videos would all play well & we would have an audience show up! All was great with those but I didn’t expect that my two dachshund pups would start to bark like crazy because it was windy outside & there were some noises of branches & items blowing around. So anytime I unmuted - there were dogs barking & I couldn’t get them to stop. My co-workers were texting me to have them stop barking & I had no way to get them to stop. They were completely content & quiet & have never had a barking session like they did during my hosting time of the talent show. I was so embarrassed that they would not stop barking & tried to be on mute & have others try to engage more so I could be on mute but I was the host & had all the intros for each of the talent acts. I even made a joke that they were part of the talent show & wanted to show off their barking talents. But my boss was not happy with the outcome either, however, this is the life of working from home & the uncertain things that pop-up when you least expect it.

My biggest work from home fail was in my second week of lockdown last April. I was lucky to order all new monitors, mechanical keyboard, mouse and mousepad as well as a new desk to create my perfect home office before the covid tech shortage started.
An then not even 10 full working days after everything was assembled, I managed to tip over my coffee mug during a Teams call…all over my new desk and equipment, as well as my mobile. The next 2 hours were spent moping up coffee, cleaning my desk and most important, taking my new expensive mechanical keyboard apart to clean out as much of the coffee as possible.
Some keys are still wonky and I had to re-seal my wood desk, but luckily all equipment still works. Coffee mugs are now banned from my desk and have to sit on my dining table.

My internet access went down for several days and I had to use my cell phone data until it was restored.

Wow this one I can relate to completely! My work from home fail is an all time epic adventure! I was on the usual morning team video chat, and paused myself so that I could use the restroom and then carry on as normal. Unfortunately, I accidentally hit the pause button again, unpausing myself, and gave the whole office a front and center view of myself using the ladies room. Complete embarrassment! #AnkerWork

I would have liked to have made a mistake in the home office, or even failed at my work … but, unfortunately, I’ve been sick at home for 15 months. But even if you are only at home, you can make mistakes. Since I work a lot on the computer, with Office, video editing and many other things, there are also errors there. For example, I pushed a few finished pictures onto a USB stick, and after a few days I needed this stick and forgot that there were important pictures on it … and formatted it without looking. Pictures gone … well, and there are also one or the other mistake …
I hope that everything was understandable so far, because my English is not that good. Greetings from Germany … I love your products.

I spilt tea all over my keyboard during a meeting while on video. Needless to say that keyboard no longer works.

My BIGGEST WFH fail was when I was presenting my teams work for the year during our departmental staff meeting. I just got a new puppy, an adorably sweet and energetic Chiweenie (chihuahua-dachshund mix). Just as my boss introduced me to the company of 1000+ people, my dog jumped up into my lap, and started kissing me all over my face. What I didn’t know is that she must’ve stepped on the keys to disconnect, and the only image that made it to everyone watching was a frozen frame of my dog’s booty (REALLY CLOSE UP :doughnut:). It literally became the BUTT of everyone’s jokes for the next month! I’ll never get the image out of my head! hahahaha :rofl:

Thank you @Ankerofficial for this new event,