What products are on your wishlist for Anker to make next?

An Apple iPad/watch/iPhone charger dock with Watch supported in nightstand mode whilst charging

Or a portable Apple Watch charger for on the go charging perhaps chargeable and fits onto key ring

Yeah any cable over 1m starts to get a lot of losses.

Iā€™d like to see a OnePlus One phone case with built in Anker 10,000 mAh battery :smiley:

I believe that the wireless charger would be for both Android Phones and iOS Phones if Apple supported wireless charging. As of right now, no iPhones have the cool feature of wireless charging. Apple is way behind of the gang.

I honestly wish they would shrink down their product line. It is currently way to messy and complex, as well as confusing.

I would like a iPhone 7 battery case with dual lightning or usb c connectors or aux and lightning/usb c connector

1 Like

A compact power bank with built-in Lightning, Micro USB or USB-C cable. Would be very useful for portability IMO.

1 Like

The only back up charger that I use that isnā€™t Anker is a flat skinny 6" x 4" x 3/8" light weight 12,000mah that fits the pocket of my jeans or my backpack perfect. I would buy Anker over any other brand out there but took a chance on this one and like the look and feel of it. It would be a shame for Anker to miss out on a good product form.

1 Like

I maintain a spreadsheet of all of Ankerā€™s products in deciding what I prioritise. It tends to call out the Powercore 10000.

The Powercore Slim 5000 I carry fairly often, more than say the Powercore+ Mini due to it being pocket friendly.

So hereā€™s your problem with flat skinny product - it easily ends up really poor power density.

So battery capacity needs metal, is dense, heavy, thereā€™s no avoiding, above that you have in effect non-battery casing for protection. The densest structure is also the strongest are circular in nature like a sphere or a tube, because it has torsional strength. If you go with a skinny long/wide thing you either have a real problem with bending or must thicken up the casing which adds weight.

So there is a fundamental conflict between shape, size, weight, reliability.

If you look at Anker product shapes they significantly are trying to get as near to round possible and minimise their flatness for the above reasons.

Some specific maths examples, the Powercore Slim is 4.9 cubic inches (cuin) 4.16 oz so works out at 1026mah/cuin and 1202mah/oz. Compare with the Powercore 10000 which is 1345mah/cuin and 1563/oz which shows the thinner flatter shape is 30% less dense.

If I were to put in your own example dimensions ā€œ6ā€ x 4" x 3/8"" then that is 9cuin so if you took the relative volume of say the Slim of 4.9 youā€™d get a ratio of 1.84 in volume so 1.84x5000mah = 9231mah not the 12000mah you suggest. That means it would have to be necessarily less strong to have less thick surfaces and be at more risk of breakage which for Lithium is not a good idea.

I would like to see Anker make longer USB-C 3.0 cables, ideally the 6ft and 10ft varieties.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see Anker make a sound system akin to what Iā€™ve seen other brands do. Many Bluetooth speakers that can be bought separately and connected together to play the same song either in a surround sound setup in a room or whole house depending on where you place the speakers.

Iā€™d also like to see an adapter for lightning and micro USB and USB-C that will accept the other inputs (like if you only have a micro USB cable for a USB-C port on your phone) and aux input (for the iPhone 7 and other brands that might follow). Maybe even a flash storage port.

2 Likes

A flashlight

1 Like

Youā€™re in luck, they currently do three :grin:

1 Like

i donā€™t know if it was mentioned before, didnā€™t find it under ā€œnexus 5xā€ search. But I would love to have a battery case with wireless charging technology. That would be awesome.

Battery Grip for GoPro.

I would love to see Anker make a battery hand grip for the GoPro. This would allow the GoPro to be plugged into the grip for extended shooting time. Yes, there are already battery grips out on the market and Iā€™ve tried some. But they are fuglyā€¦fat + ugly looking. I have confident that Anker can do a better job then whatā€™s out in the market.

What do you GoPro users think? I think it would be a great carry. Having a grip and battery in one unit would make it so much more convenient. Especially when you figure you have to stop, take out the GoPro from itā€™s case, open the battery door in order to switch out the battery. With the battery grip, you just take off the charging door and have it plugged in. Viola! No more juggling batteries, cases, screws, etc. Grab your setup and go. :wink:

1 Like

Some nice Bluetooth headphones they already have speakers so shouldnt be to hard

I would like to see Anker make a headlamp. They have got the awesome flashlight, now put all of that technology into an awesome headlamp! Hands free!

1 Like

I would love some Bluetooth headpbones from anker they already have speakers so shoul be interesting

That would be cool. :slight_smile: