What products are on your wishlist for Anker to make next?

Why :joy::joy: Analysts are saying the age of Apple is going downhill. So many people have other phones!

You’ve already seen this!

New car starter mentioned at 1m8s in.

1 Like

Yep but Anker also seems to favour Apple devices or products that use almost universal standards (such as anything USB)

Creating a product that would not be able to be used by one of the top phone manufacturers (or 60-80 million if Apple could shift all their upcoming handsets) seems unlikely but you never know…

Sorry I got a little confused about what you guys were talking about. Yes I’d already seen that. Thanks

It’s funny because Apple devices are the opposite of “standard”. Also, they do make wireless charging pads! A few actually! Isn’t Samsung one of the top phone manufacturers too?! They’ve had wireless charging since 2015.

Apple may not be standard (far from it on some aspects) but for a vast majority they are a go to brand, regardless of their cost vs spec values. True on your other points as well but the wireless charging pads are on a whole a simple design and cost effective products to produce for the Samsung’s and other Android devices which have wireless charging. I think before they implement a not fully universal charging method into a ‘niche’ product they will want all the main players singing from the same hymn sheet on specs.

At least for now all major devices support the USB protocol in some flavour or another, which makes implementing USB charging into niche products, like a lamp, a better option.

IMO :grin:

Maybe a stereo. Anker has outstanding Bluetooth and like the lamps a power port to charge devices. In order to change from Aux to Bluetooth you have to press the button on the stereo itself. No room on remote. This is for a Samsung. More devices that are not apple.

Aren’t we supposed to see the car starter sometime this month

I don’t recall which month, but yes the impression is “about now”.

1 Like

Anker needs to make a portable charger with an AC outlet (much smaller than PowerHouse).

They also need to make a PowerCore Slim 10000 with USB-C.

Finally, they should make a light-up speaker, similar to Sony’s XBS-40 or JBL’s Pulse series.

On ear or over ear headphones.

Wall charger with side port! What don’t they have this already!

Disagree.

DC-AC-DC is very inefficient (*). Better to allow a dialable DC output and then attach the shape plug required.

The smaller the battery the less its Wattage, the less you can tolerate any inefficiencies. The Powerhouse with 434Wh can only give 160W, so you can imagine even smaller given even less. The Powerhouse can be inefficient (* not in itself but the DC-AC in itself combined with the AC-DC of the PSU of the device) because it has a lot of Wattage.

Currently the biggest portable charger Anker which makes besides the Powerhouse has a 30W output, from 100Wh, so the 160W from 434Wh is proportionally higher.

I do think Anker can make more Wattage from less energy, but you hit a wall of usefulness that more powerful devices will receive proportionately less recharge % from less energy.

1 Like

My Power Bank Vision:

PowerCore II Slim 10000
IQ 2.0
USB-C PD (one port for input and output together)
Full recharge in less than 3 hours.
$33

1 Like

I would sure like it if Anker would make something like this and expand it to a couple other models as well

Try our Anker PowerCore Case, hope this can meet you demand.:grin:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WTOZVAE

That is a good option but not for me. I sometimes will have to make several stops while using GPS in my truck with a magnetic holder. I don’t want to add bulk to my phone. I never leave my phone behind and using maps drains charge fast even with the battery pack. I need my phone to connect and re-charge. For now I just plug it into my USB cord every other stop to top it up.
This would be perfect for me if it is magnetic

1 Like

I do not think wireless can charge fast enough for your problem, wireless is more trickle charge. Wired is more likely to keep up.

I believe you are correct. On my recent trip I was using an inferior cable and it only allowed approx 500 mAh charge and could not keep up to google maps however 700mAh charge with my phone will keep it at 100% running google maps with my screen brightness at about 50%. not sure how much charge can be expected out of wireless but I would hope for that much. The Sonic power link above incorporates a case into the system and is not wireless.

HTC Battery cases like for the U11, 10, Ultra and other phones, I’m sure alot of people would buy.

Having finally pulled the trigger on a MacBook Pro 13" to work alongside my 2015 iMac, I wouldn’t mind seeing a USB-C adapter / hub like the following, as the base models only have two USB-C ports (so one when you are charging).

This one has good reviews on the whole but it would be good to see an Anker version :grin:

1 Like

Which version did you get?