What on earth did Energizer just launch? Yep a Phone

This is really interesting! Android phone lovers will really love to get thier hands on these… Or may be iPhone users may just buy it to charge thier iPhones :imp:

It is time may be Anker too got into phones :wink:

1 Like

:joy: Kirkland :joy: this really have me a good laugh

1 Like

I first saw this a few weeks ago, and was blown away. I have a big battery at 4500 mah, but that makes it look like nothing.

It’s not the battery, it’s the battery costume that they’re releasing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s the battery pack attachment, inside the phone instead of clamped to the phone? I get that.

At 6,2 it’s a phablet!
Screen won’t be that great.
Chip is the cheaper slower chip.
Kids who this is aimed at won’t want to carry a brick… Mind neither will adults.
No headphone socket. So BT only… Or usb-c audio adapter required.

Part of me likes the pop-up camera.

Size isnt all that bad. I love my lg and its got a 6.1" screen, yet smaller than a galaxy note 9 (also same size as my old g4 and what this energizer should be). The phones that use all real estate on the front are still decent sized but huge screens.

The blue lines are for the note 9, red is my current one and green is this phones estimated size

Now we have a picture if it and this thing is a brick, literally
click the picture for the recent article

They took a 18k battery pack and slapped a screen in it and called it a day. Such a shame as they used old tech processor that can’t keep up with today’s chips, it could have been a big hit if it had the specs to back it up

1 Like

Thick as a brick! (Jethro Tull!) :grin:

:open_mouth: Wow…thick as a brick and no headphone jack :grin:

Doubt we would have to worry about it bending…you also get an arm workout to boot while lifting it to your ear :laughing:

1 Like

Lol here’s another look

1 Like

Sheesh… I’m afraid it would break my foot if I dropped it! :scream:

I know people that wouldn’t care about the size and ugliness, and weight.

They’d call it, a festival phone. It’ll last the festival, no one would want to steal it, and it’ll do FB/emails etc (even if slowly… Mind being on O2, I’m used to slow speeds!).

Prob too heavy for.old people, who.like to leave at home and not use it, as it’s just for emergencies! Prob be flat by then, but… lol

I like the fact it can be used as a batterypack to charge other devices, which would probably be my only use for it and if need be I have a phone I can use too since it’s built in

I meant the phone not you Tank you handsome bastard :slight_smile::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I mean I know I’m a beast, but that just had me rolling

2 Likes

I believe I can use the term hideous and call it a day… Yea :weary:

They’re not stopping with this abomination either!!

https://www.gsmarena.com/energizer_power_max_p8100s-pictures-9590.php

10,000 mAh battery in this one, and only €900 - much more like it…

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about the size and how it looks like a brick? I just care about how long it will last…and I have a weapon on hand in case anyone gets any funny ideas to steal my brick

The geek in me is interested but practically what is the point. Just have a Fusion 5000 or a Slim 5009 or a 10000 and keep what’s in hand or pocket easier to hold.

The minute this item accidentally fell to the ground you’d know why these don’t exist.

.I have 9000mAh in my tablet, in my bag, it comes out when sat down. My bag has phone charger too

You can buy 20000 Powercore for $40

As long as it can work for a week (5-7 days) without charge, it works for me. Anything more than that is just a waste.
I guess 10-12 Ah battery is the ideal balance between size and capacity.

1 Like