What kind of tech items did you get for Christmas?

Thanks for fixing the title, didn’t realize I posted it wrong. Whoops. I hate my phone sometimes, actually all the time but that’s neither here nor there.

1 Like

We got a eufy robovac 11+, I got a new Tile Mate (I want the Mynt Tracker for testing and comparing the two), a small 2000 MaH battery pack to keep in the car to take into the store when I don’t want to carry my big Anker packs, and a Soschse Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor to use at the gym.

Also getting a New crucial bx300 480gb SSD to replace hard drive and a 6TB Hard Drive for Video Storage. Also getting one of the new Netgear Nighthawk Series Routers and A Nvida Shield TV Pro in the next few weeks. These are gifts to myself, my home business, and family home theater system.

1 Like

got 2 mouse for my kids to use for their laptop…touchscreen is nice and all but some time you just want to use the mouse

That’s a nice heart rate monitor. I had one and found that even some of the cardio gym equipment could pick up the ANT+ signal and use the heart rate measurements!

1 Like

I was wearing my ear warmers to work on a particularly cold morning the other day and thought to myself, “wouldn’t it be great if these had Bluetooth headphones integrated in them?”. Without saying a word about them, one of the things my better half surprised me with was a pair of Bluetooth ear warmers!

I built a RetroPie for my nieces and nephews, but I’m worried they might get quickly bored with the 8-bit graphics. :fearful:

I was a beta tester for the new Netgear nighthawk routers, although a new one has come out since I finished my last round of testing, it has been great for what I needed and still works amazingly well. The range has been the biggest improvement and then speed, which now finally covers our whole property with a bit of slow down on the outer edge of the property.our property is roughly 3 acres I believe

I also got a Mynt Massager for my mom!:grin:

1 Like

I also want to play PS4! Is that fun than Xbox?

Your friend may complain: why you always send me Anker products!:laughing:

2 Likes

Do think the nighthawk series can handle downloading movies/streaming from services such as playon live recordings from local HD channels via HD antenna, and stream those saved movies from a media server on the network? most recording will happen after midnight. streaming during day and early night.

Yes indeed it can handle it or at least it should, I usually stream on 3 or 4 computers at a time. Since no one likes watching what others are watching it’s usually my wife, my son and myself streaming to our laptops and the grandparents streaming to their tv or tablets. I think your limiting fatctor may be the media server or your bandwidth/Internet speed

i tested as well for netgear, i honestly couldn’t stand the emails from netgear beta team. They just came across the wrong way to me for some reason. The emails seemed harsh and almost threatening, it was weird… Also when i submitted a bug for being able to crash the router through alexa, it was treated as if I did something wrong… weird.
And i didn’t like the fact that they collected so much data from the routers. Also the fact they collect so much router data from all nighthawk users now by default unless you disable it.

I got myself a PowerCore II 20100 that was on sale on Anker.com for $35. It was a deal I couldn’t pass up when considering replacing my daily driver that can utilize QC3.0 off my 4-port wall charger.

My older 17mo PowerCore 20100 will remaining working on a limited capacity as I’ve discovered its recharge is becoming too slow and one port had degraded to provide only 5W. It has served me well (even after a couple drops) and it’s time that I get a QC capable power bank.

It doesn’t surprise me about data collection. Almost every tech company does it. I have nothing to hide but its none of their business and I turn off data collection whenever possible.

1 Like

I had some new lights for my YouTube studio, along with those little decorative plants from my stepson’s which can be used as background objects in video shots.

As a ‘joke’ I had the original Moto 360 smartwatch as I mentioned I would be doing a retrospective video on it (my ‘Legends of Tech’ series). I forgot how good it is (save for the iffy battery life!).

As a Power User I also had the Eufy Robovac 11 so I counted this as a gift lol, plus we had some YeeLight Candela’s from Kickstarter - they add a wonderful ambience to any room.

So all in all, not a bad loot but means I am going to be very busy over the coming weeks making videos about them all!:grin:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome! What is your channel?

1 Like

Thanks!:+1: Channel is here https://www.youtube.com/user/WestyBoy08

Still early days but going as well as I’d hoped so far :+1:

4 Likes

Nowt zada zilch nothing zero

Nice, which router did you test for them? I tested out the r8000. And yea they use to come off as a-holes, but given how long I was a tester for them I often overlooked and rarely noticed how bad they were about criticism.

As far as data collection, I had all that turned off and anytime they asked why they couldn’t retrieve my network settings, I told them it’s because of where I live. Which isn’t entirely a lie because a strong gust of wind can knock our power out and the network would have to reset

R7000 is what itested