What is your experience with Anker product durability?

I’ve never had a negative experience with them. At some point everyone will get a bad product from any manufacture. So if I get a single product from Anker and it has issues. It doesn’t surprise me. If it fails within their warranty period I know they will take care of it. I follow their policy and only buy from Anker.com, Amazon (Anker Direct,) and other authorized dealers.

There are a ton of happy customers out there. You can find happy customers on the various review sites, reviews on Amazon (Anker doesn’t pay give away free products for reviews on Amazon), and on the community here.

Those that have issues with Anker, usually get a hold of a fake product, a product purchased from a 3rd party and has to deal directly with them, those buying from an unauthorized dealer, the product was damaged caused by the user, or the product is out of warranty. These types of issues aren’t covered by warranty and customers get upset.

Anker for the most part will take care of their customers.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

I have 22 Anker items and have 0 issues. Oldest items are from 2011.

2 Likes

Damn, that’s pretty good.

Out of over 30+ cables I have only had to have 1 replaced as it flat out stopped charging everything. No damage to the cable or connector as it stayed plugged in and stationary, but they replaced under warranty.
I have had 1 bluetooth headphone and 1 bluetooth speaker replaced, the headphones were manufacturing defect in right earbud that shorted and the speaker was the battery not holding charge. But aside from those 3 issues, I have had many Anker products without any problems and will continue to use and buy their products

3 Likes

Even my very old A 3143 speaker works fine
and has still a good battery after 3 years of intensive use. :grin:

2 Likes

You put that well!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Of the couple of dozen products I’ve had from Anker, over 4ish years, I’ve had 3 replaced. 1 car charger, an astro powercore and a pair of headphones.

I’m pretty thought with a lot of my equipment. They get thrown into bags regularly.tossed around in cars, traveling etc. So pretty good going I reckon. I have never had a cable fail, which surprises me as those are normally the point at which many things fails.

2 Likes

Never had an issue so far with durability through acceptable usage (what Anker have said can be done to the item)…out of the 30+ items I’ve had over the past 3 years, only had two replaced due to a hardware fault (battery related in most cases)…

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat… out of dozens of Anker purchases over the years, I’ve only needed warranty service on 2 of them.

2 Likes

That’s not bad.

Woah. What? How does it still have a good battery?

1 Like

I don’t know.
I charge it with an ANKER charger and I use it only indoor (never outdoor or in a car were it might be exposed to the sun).

This are the only ideas I have. :smile:

1 Like

The least reliable for me are the soundbuds (Slim, Life) as the thin cables fail usually at the connection into the bud. But I use these for hours/day so for a $20-$30 device to last daily for months which equates to hundreds of hours does not feel bad value. I haven’t used warranty claims for the last failings as I have hammered the products so hard I felt it was my own use which made them fail rather than designed failure.

Powercore, Powerport, Powerline. Been very reliable.

If I were to combine these experiences, I would say the neck-weighted bud products need Powerline+ skills of better cables into the bud in the ear, so they last longer. So something like the Soundbuds Life with a thicker/stronger cable into the buds.

2 Likes

I have 10-15 Anker products…

Soundbud slims stopped working after 3-4 months, but the warranty replacement has had no issues.

Powerline+ lightning cable - rubber came apart and wires became exposed after using daily at work for 5-6 months. Anker sent me another cable, but I still used the damaged one; just taped it up with electrical tape, still using daily and it’s going on almost 2 years old now.

Soundcore 2 survived a fall from the roof of my car going 15-20 mph. Granted it was inside an Anker case. I still use it daily at work 8-10 hours a day with no issues. It’s a lil over 1 year old now.

Everything is working great with no complaints.

1 Like

If I was to total up all the products including cables I own/bought I would say easily over 30. From these I have to say I’ve had to use the warranty on about 3 items.

As far as durability I’ve got a powerpack that is still working more than 6 years later - which says a lot about a product.

Don’t forget though even “big” brands have product issues including Apple and Samsung etc

2 Likes

I think I had 1 issue I can recall with my Powercore 20100 and they handled it well. Took it back and gave me an updated version.

1 Like

Sounds like the best recall from any Chinese company ever! Great job Anker!

Really bad. I purchased two 26000 units for long distance hiking in 2020 and because of COVID, only used them about 5 times, usually for only for 2 or 3 days at a time, and not even when hiking. On both units the USB A port stopped working. Anker is “surprised” but won’t stand behind their products, so I am left with two paper weights. My recommendation is that you avoid Anker. There are a lot of other brands that have quality products.

I have 7 product from Anker through 5 years and never ever have problems with any of them. I guess I am lucky. I believe in buying from Ankerdirect/Amazon or Anker itself to stay clear of counterfeit.

1 Like