What is GDPR? | New Privacy Standards

On May 25th of this year, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new set of data protection standards, will go into full effect in the EU. To make sure that we are in compliance with the GDPR, we’re going to be releasing an update of our privacy policy.

If you’re curious, you can check out these two video links to learn more about the GDPR and how it will affect businesses:

How do you keep your data safe online? What are some important practices for preserving your privacy? Let us know below!:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Just got this notification about my weather website! Haven’t had the time to look into it yet.

It’s all I’ve been dealing with for the last few weeks in work. Some big money fines now if there is a data breach

Maybe the US should copy+paste. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lower level
Up to €10 million, or 2% of the worldwide annual revenue of the prior financial year, whichever is higher

Upper level
Up to €20 million, or 4% of the worldwide annual revenue of the prior financial year, whichever is higher

I think it is a great thing that companies will have Financial penalties when they do not protect our personal data. I only put stuff online that I know could potentially be exposed in the future but we often do not have a choice who holds our personal financial information.

Staying up to date with quality firewalls and virus protection is also a huge factor when trying to protect your personal computer from outside attacks. I highly recommend Eset nod 32 it has keep my computers running smoothly for a decade and was among the first to develop anti-virus software.

1 Like

sigh…I doubt we will ever see this in US…go EU

1 Like