I like the design on this one
Welcome to Charging Royalty | Special Edition 24K Gold PowerLine+ III USB-C to Lightning Cable Now Available!
The fact that Apple drop their earphones was annoying for the longest time but now I have a bluetooth earphone/headphone arsenal so I don’t mind it as much. I also got 2 of the Lightning earphones tho so they will be useless if apple does go portless (not that I’m against it)
So they dropped audio socket too early?
They can drop the charging port too early also, it requires at least two OEMs to make decent 10Ah and 20Ah wireless portable chargers. Anker hasn’t got any, their 10Ah one was embarressingly under-engineered and 20Ah not announced.
But for sure, anyone spending a lot on Lightning kit today will be angry within a year, no need for long-living expensive Lightning cables in 2020.
iPhone going portless may have some benefits for Water and dust proof improvements. Other not so visible benefits would be a pressure on Apple as well as other phone makers such as Samsung, LG and more to improve Battery capacity (similar to what @professor mentioned above for Graphene cells), wireless charging improvements, wireless data transfer and more.
Overall a push for competition to provide better portless phones, move away from wired charging.
- improved water and dust protection
- cost savings
- either phone small or bigger battery
- smaller bezels “chinless”
- slower charging (which you’d likely not notice nor care in a smaller phone)
- anger in owners “you’re making me buy wireless and all my Lightning cables useless”
I count 4 pro 2 con. So I see it in just one model to give choice and time to adapt.
- Improved water/dust resistance
- smaller phone or bigger battery
- smaller bezels / chinless
- slower charging
- increased price (Apple will upcharge for a decent wireless charger, especially since it will have data transfer features)
- presumable worse days transfer speeds
- presumable fasted battery degradation due to heat from wireless charging
- angering owners of lightning accessories
- forcing users into wireless buds (and most likely no longer including free buds)
- issues caused by wireless charging battery packs (in a sense lower capacity because of a higher inefficiency)
I count 3 pro 7 con
That’s why it isn’t all models at once. So you can decide. It makes most sense in the smaller models, chinless allows bigger screen.
Heat will require technology answer, it is solvable:
- heat pump
- more metal (conduct to the edge)
- thermal throttling, if does get too hot then slow something.
- fan cooled wireless charger
Someone will buy it, bragging right, you’d see:
- a glass back
- metal outer edge
- the entire front is screen
If you didnt like it, buy the other model.
Same charger for buds, watch, phone. Charger can use on larger devices which have wired+wireless, you’d see wireless input and output on your iPad. Your new iPad is your new iPhone SE charger.
Cant predict dates but seeing as 2020 ipad + iphone out, it becomes probably 2021.
Possibly November - the iPhone SE Pro with a much better screen and bigger battery for the same price. That’s then only 1 of 4 phones, so alienation won’t happen.
All of those will bring pretty severe downsides (with the exception of #2).
I don’t think I would go with wireless only. I don’t see how the pros outweigh the cons (yet). One day it is the inevitable future.
Maybe go for the classic 3rd generation rule.
24k gold. I don’t thinks it worth though rather get a gold chain or something
Edit: I guess I could where it as a chain
Wow! what a beautiful color !!!
That is a nice looking cable.
I really want to do an unboxing video for this!
Very exclusive and noble!
I should go back to one of my former jobs. (Garimpeiro! )
Next step will be inserting little diamonds in the plugs!
Certainly eye catching but not one which would be on my future items to pickup list…$100 for a cable, ouch I’m getting old…
Give me one, give me one, give me one… :)))
That cable looks fantastic!
I must say this cable looks very premium
What can I say, er, awesome!
The presentation box and leather case is, er, awesome
Mainstream at £20, I’m in - not holding my breath!
But perhaps gold effect plugs to reduce the price?
You may be interested in this one:
I’ll add it to my watch list, thank-you.