Weird Food Combinations

https://nerdist.com/spiciest-ice-cream-death-waiver/

Haggis ā€¦ N A S T Y not even rabbie liked it. lol plus itā€™s not even originally Scottish. Oopsā€½

I love pizza, esp my absolutely favourite TEXAS BBQ from Domā€™s :yum::yum::yum::yum:

You eaten haggis?

Trust me, I was as confused as you are. I think itā€™s a New England Baby Boomer thing, but it is not a combination I had ever heard of before.

How do people even come up with this stuff?

Iā€™ve never made my own haggis, itā€™s easier to simply buy it. However there must be different recipes as some brands are a bit spicier than others.

Lidl and Aldi actually do very good tinned haggis! Itā€™s very handy for a quick meal during winter.

1 Like

I wait till Lidl and Aldi will offer Haggis here in Bavaria.
But I think they will not. :grin:

Different country different tastes.

But I do a lot of ā€œexportsā€ always, when going back from Portugal.
Olive oil, smoked ham, and a smoked pork knuckle.
Those are my specials. :yum:

Preparing your own haggis?
Not so easy I suppose.
First you must have all those ingredients, which are not easy to get I suppose.

I was reading about, mainly made after a slaughtering and butchering.

1 Like

I tried it many many years ago whilst on holiday in Scotland. Couldnā€™t stand itā€¦ Yuck!

However, the locally produced smoked salmon was to die for :crazy_face:

You just reminded me, I once had a Mac nā€™ Cheese sandwich. Didnā€™t strike me as all that weird at the time, maybe because a friend was having a ramen sandwich - the ramen replacing the buns. A friend of mine once ordered a salad bowl with bacon where the actual bowl was made of bacon.

What a fantastic idea :star_struck::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Lol this reminded me of the local (to Dundee, Scotland) obsession with piesā€¦ Everything can become a pie.
Pizza pie,
Lasagna pie,
Mac & cheese pie,
Chicken curry pieā€¦
The list is almost endless!
Have a look (scroll down) of you donā€™t believe me :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Was confused for a moment, as we in Bristol, have a Clarks pie!

However, itā€™s a local family been doing it for donkeys years.

So many pies?
What about the Android pie! :grin:

Thereā€™s a couple on YouTube who make weird food combinations.

3 Likes

That reminds me of Epic meal time on YouTube.

2 Likes

And I donā€™t like when too many products are mixed, which makes the dish lose its identity. I like to feel the taste of every product. Therefore, I prefer that the dish has a minimum of ingredients. And these dishes on your videos are called ā€œeat and dieā€ from an overdose of meat and calories. Given the fact that I am allergic, these dishes are definitely not for me if I want to live. By the way, I accidentally found out about my allergies. I took a food intolerance test in this lab intolerancelab.co.uk and wanted to check if I was allergic to food. I didnā€™t have any symptoms, but I was interested in taking this test. This is how I found out that I have an intolerance to a component that is added to fast food. Therefore, I choose healthy food without mixing products.