Weekend activities! (old thread reanimated)

Well Saturday was pretty much a bust (under the weather) so its a small baking attempt to perk up…my first attempt at Szarlotka (polish apple pie with meringue layer)…a polish neighbour gave me a slice a few weeks ago and well I had to have a go, went well for a first attempt I think :grin:

@MacBlank Hope Jane’s last session went well and she can start to enjoy her food again shortly

5 Likes

I know this kind of cake.
Seems your attempt was successful!
Good appetite, Neil!

Next week my wife is planning to start with Christmas bakery.
I am not such a “baker”, not so much in sweet food today.
I was in the past, but really gave up to take any kind of sugar if possible, same is with salt.

1 Like

Oh :heart_eyes:
That’s looks great :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hope you all had a great Sunday :ok_hand:t2:
Quite a peaceful Sunday by our standards.
Popped over to Felbrigg Hall with friends as one of them turns 40 tomorrow.

Heading home after that to put up the Christmas decorations and drink mulled wine.

2 Likes

This looks really tasty… :cake:

1 Like

It’s been such a lazy day for me. Went out for lunch earlier to a Mexican restaurant and I’ve been playing video games for most of the day

1 Like

I would eat it, and I’m really picky :laughing:

1 Like

I worked on my car today and proceeded to record 2 video reviews…
Only to be met with me cursing up a storm and darn near breaking my camera and yelling at everyone.

Ok I thought I recorded 2 video reviews, only to find out my memory card was not in my camcorder. Turns out my wife took it out to put in my DSLR so she could take pictures for her Etsy store and did not put it back. Never mind that when she set the camera up for me and hit record, she didn’t say anything about the card not being in the camera. So almost an hour and a half waisted recording for nothing. Now I’m gonna have to redo everything and you know I’m gonna end up missing or screwing something up. Grrrrrrrr

1 Like

Came back from the party yesterday.
Was nice.
What I found out, i like to sit and talk with the young people.
This is what I always was doing with the students.
Never changing behaviors. :grinning:
Keeps us old fellows young.

To talk with “old persons” is mostly to talk about their diseases,
young one have planes for their future and this is that what I like to hear.

5 Likes

Hey all :wave:t2:
I hope you’ve had a great start to your weekend.

Cold windy day (to UK standards) so hit the park for a quick ride and play on the climbing frames.

3 Likes

Great photography skills guys :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @MSTR have a great day.

1 Like

These kind of talks are needed, that is how ideas and great thoughts are passed across… :+1:t2:

I meet lot of people while I go for trail and have small chats, hear lot of nice things, ideas, it’s good.

1 Like

Will do the tax declaration for 2018 tomorrow.
A lot of work : the result we have to pay more.
There german system is a … :grimacing:

I hate taxes… glad we still have lot of time for filling … all the work plus losing more money :anguished:

1 Like

Yup, we got another 2 -4 months before the crunch really starts to set in for filling taxes

Lets have fun!
The monkeys came home this morning!

6 Likes

Sadly for Jane, today we as the same as the last ten days… Throwing up gloop. It’s a side effect of the 30 radiotherapy sessions, and 6 chemotherapy sessions.

It’s not sick in a traditional way, but just gloop. Like when you have a really really bad head cold, and all the snot makes you sick. Very similar… Hope you’re not eating your tea.

I went out after 3 days home, I needed to break from the 4 walls! I had a couple coffees, plus got food for myself. I might only have site gums up top, but I’m still hungry, just I have to finely chop or eat soft food, like pasta, or creamed (mashed) potatoes or rice.

Only 11 sleeps left, and not sure if we’ll be having a christmas dinner. Not sure if I can eat toasties, and a roast, and Jane would have to stop glooping, and start to be able.to taste food (at the moment, it all tastes like stale chewing gum).

Christmas dinner can wait… It’s all in the freezer, so no hurry. Even the prawns for obligatory prawn cocktail, are in the freezer (treated to large tiger prawns… It is crimbo!).

Christmas may be just swapping presents this year, and eating ourselves stupid after!

She’ll tell me to go ahead, but I couldn’t knowing she can’t.

Christmas is just as much about sharing, as it is gifts n stupid eating, and spending precious time with those you love.

Not sure what will happen Christmas Eve… Jane’s daughter n wife, and granddaughter are meeting us for swaps and something! Prob just coffees¿¿¿

Remembery friends, it’s not what ya got, it’s the thought with which it was given.

Not everyone can afford lavish gifts from your gift list. You can only look at one tablet at a time, or listen to one set of earbuds/headphones at once.

No one needs lots of the same, especially while some have none.

This Christmas, remember those that haven’t, while we complain about what we have!

3 Likes

Great words @MacBlank
I really hope you both feel up for Christmas Day lunch.
But as you say, it’s as much about being around the ones you love than anything else.
Keep up the fighting spirit my friend, it’ll all come good :+1:t2:

@MacBlank I wish you and Jane the best, hope yall get to have your dinner feast. We didn’t set up a tree this year and it’s mostly just gonna be my wife and son and myself watching movies or something. Not much as funds have been spent paying Bill’s and still getting caught up on stuff.