Weekend activities! (old thread reanimated)

I’ve spent the weekend watching a LAW & ORDER S.V.U marathon and waiting to see the results of this weeks Power Draw posted

2 Likes

I had a very productive weekend writing my very first book!

I’m super proud and excited for all the community members to see it and hope it’ll help some of you out… :smiling_imp: :joy:

10 Likes

Pure class :joy:

2 Likes

This weekend, as last, and most of the previous, was quiet with zero activity.

Sundays especially at home and we don’t go out, unless something special locally.

Most Saturdays we go to town to people watch n drink coffee, and often we go “somewhere” in the week on a couple days. By that I mean a town outside of my local area, as my local city (where I live) is boring and always the same, so to get variety, we get on the bus (I have a disabled users pass with companion (due to mental health, I’m not always good out alone :crazy_face:) so Jane comes with me for free also) and visit.

At least 4 times a month one of us, or both, have hospital appointments for our conditions… Mostly me tho.

2 Likes

We should of scored more but the final balls were apauling. Hey ho. 1pt in front with 11 to go

1 Like

I didn’t do much this weekend but play video games and go to a bar with some friends last night

2 Likes

There was not that much this weekend. I went to an event on Friday night. On Saturday, I played Zelda, met friends and went out for a run. So I will drop my personal record during a race. Yesterday I played ultimate Frisbee for 3.5 h so my legs are sore.

2 Likes

Little blast on Fortnite tonight before Season 8 starts. :grin:

Epic username is Oggyboy72 if anyone wants to add me

2 Likes

You practicing for the $100million competition?

2 Likes

Hahaha I wish. Just getting my kids account to tier 100 :ok_hand:

Imagine being that good??? Guaranteed $50k for getting to the finals and a trip to Andy York to compete :open_mouth:

I did win a round on that share the love solos tournament the other day. I was buzzing lol.

3 Likes

I’d be happy with the $50k and free holiday :+1:t2::muscle:t2:

Might have to let the kids play it more lol

2 Likes

Spring is coming.
I was out for a flea- and antiquemarkets, nothing to be found.

But good to see that all the old buddies “survived” the winter. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been suffering with the flu so haven’t done anything this weekend.

2 Likes

Hope you Feel better and wishing you a speedy recovery

3 Likes

Have you ever made a vaccacination against flu?
I do this since about 20 years.
Yes, there are many pros and cons.
But I remember before I was doing this, I had always awful colds and flu.

The serum is made from 4 strains of virus which are suspected to show up here in Europe.
Of course they dont, others do! :grin:

But your immune system is strenghtened this way,
No chance for “microbes” of all sorts! :grin:

3 Likes

If you dont mind firey food, turn I have a good remedy…

Get a mug, add a good teaspoon of crushed chillies
Add boiling water
Leave to stew and settle a couple mins

Then drink (best done before a sleep)
When you wake, you’ll feel loads better, but wet from sweating out the flu.

It really does work.
It forces your body to really sweat out the bug. You don’t normally get ring sting (I never used to).

I can’t do it anymore due to a permanent sore mouth from steroid inhalers, and anything real.spicey hurts. It doesn’t just burn a little, it’s really sorry… Imagine salt n vinegar crisps (potato chips) on an ulcer sort.of.pain.

3 Likes

Well I normally have a really quiet Sunday, but today, I went to town. I picked up my medication cos they were late as usual, and I needed some for tonight’s dosage.

I.also, pre-ordered the Samsung galaxy S10+, in green. I’ve also ordered a cover (got that from Amazon tho!).

2 Likes

I’ve fully dosed up with meds and relaxing.
Yesterday I think I sweated out the worst part of it so on the downward slope to normality.

Weather has been crap so I don’t feel like I’ve missed out on much. Was just a bit annoying watching the football coughing and spluttering lol

1 Like

Mac, even when I read this “strong” recipe I sweat !
Whenever I have to use such stuff I take this kind of portuguese oil.
(easy to dose)

If Mark will do this and we dont hear from him anymore, you are guilty having burnt a fellow countryman :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Franz

It’s perfectly safe. I used to use it myself when having the flu. Doesn’t work on a cold tho.

1 Like