We want to hear your ideas for our new lithium-polymer power bank!

We already have 20K PD Portable Charger. And i’m glad to say it’s much smaller than others. Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/Delivery-Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Macbooks/dp/B071WNWRNC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1514434541&sr=8-6&keywords=PowerCore+Speed+20000

Well people sometimes buy portable chargers for their emergency kits or bug out bags, and since lithium batteries hold their charge quite well it only makes sense to kill 2 birds with one stone, not only making it a better value for the customer but also more practical in those types of scenarios. If you need to power your phone in an emergency where your phone may be dead, it only makes sense to put a flashlight on the device that will be charging your phone. :wink:

1 Like

You said “Have any of you used our first polymer power bank” not “Have any of you used our first 10K polymer power bank”.

So the smaller the portable charger the less useful it is as a charger and the more it becomes an emergency item you keep for the unexpected or the atypical worse days. So the need is to be so small it has little reason to not be packed, and maximum functionality. To get enough charge to make a call type so 3K is a good capacity. Those emergency type situations benefit from having a torch as then the one casing to protect the battery can encase an LED output with the recharging and the charging.

So merge this with this

A typical use case is a ladies purse where the lady has this with the whole time and might only use it once a month, more so in winter, so if you’re thinking Li Poly then making more credit-card flat shape helps it slide in a typical modern ladies purse.

Let’s put it this way, if you made it I’d buy at least 3 for the next winter (so buy like 9 months from now).

If you want to do this an Anker way then have it high performance, 2A output and 2A input (or as much above 1A you can for the 3K type cell) and consider a built-in cable so I’d buy the MicroB version for someone with the older Android, Lightning for an iphone user and USB-C for newer Android.

2 Likes

Roger that!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Got you. :wink:

How much mAh will you need when go hiking?

You need a small one, roger that :grin:

1 Like

haha, we will have more color options in future.:relaxed:

1 Like

A really good product definition. Much appreciate!!

haha, i love the rubber, too.

1 Like

Wireless Charging technology…uh…a good point. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

No one really pays attention to them details though. All people will see is wireless capabilities and they will turn into zombies and buy without knowing any other facts. :robot:

You had a good point :wink: and that made me rethink about user cases :grin:
The experience that I had was to use the flash light to search for the phones and ipads in the dark :)) and sometimes I didn’t want other people (kid, wife) to touch my phones, but they wanted the flashligh. :blush:

1 Like

Indeed I do, I already have a couple of big ones :blush::blush:

Hahaha, i think if i raise a topic about"Do you need a flashlight on your portable chargers?" That may let us know lots of interesting user cases.:grin:
And sounds like that you always forget where your phone is, but you never forget ANKER’s portable chargers.:smirk::smirk:haha

2 Likes

lol, so true. I got certain places to keep my chargers, and was certainly easier to find than my cell.:laughing:

If its just a short 3 mile hike (about 45 miles) I like to carry the PowerCore 5000 and loved it and want another one (recently lost it :frowning:) But if it takes me several hours to complete, I’m out in the back trails, or stopping to photograph wildlife I like to carry a 10000 mAh to 16000 mAh. I got to test one another company. It’s HEAVY and built to last. It has two ports so I can charge my phone and charge my USB camera battery charger at the same time. I have light weight one from another 1600 mAh brand that I got at a electronics big box store that picked on promo for a less than $10 that I got for my wife to loose or leave behind if the air port security didn’t like in Bora Bora last summer. I would hate to have her through out my Anker products. The cheap one is about $50 and lightweight. I leave it in my car as a back up (trying to kill it to replace with another Anker battery)

If I could get a 16000 mAh to 20000 mAh (prefer closer to 20000) lightweight battery that can last me a couple of days on a camping trip or taking it on day hike and not worry about having to carry a couple heavy ones. Also I would like to have 2 ports (two standards or two standards and 1 USB-C)

1 Like

Thank you. I hope you work on it :sweat_smile:

I think lithium polymer is something to definitely look into expanding within your product line up. My go kit has one of the 21w Anker solar panels in it, and larger battery banks don’t fit within the included pocket well. Thin phone-profile chargers work much better in that form factor, provided they can be built to withstand torsional load.

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial - Any updates on the progress of the second generation polymer power banks?!