We Love Testing—SweatGuard Edition!

It’s getting hot in here…

…So it’s time to put SweatGuard technology to the test for this edition of We Love Testing!

Sweat is considerably more corrosive than water, so Soundcore has developed SweatGuard technology to protect our earphones. It consists of a submarine-inspired structure and an impermeable hydro-seal which create a barrier around the sensitive internal components—isolating them completely against harmful liquids.

As well as being the perfect protection against sweaty workouts, SweatGuard also offers hardcore protection if your earphones accidentally end up in the washing machine, get drinks spilled over them, or worse.

We’re giving you the chance to win 1 of 30 Spirit X earphones, so you can test SweatGuard for yourself. We’ve even devised a SweatGuard Immersion Test which will push Spirit X and SweatGuard to the extreme. To be in with a chance of winning, write a test plan, leave it in the comments below, and we’ll choose the best ones.

Things to Consider:

1. You only need to mention the SweatGuard Immersion Test in your plan—we’ll contact the winners with the full details.

2. How else will you test Spirit X? Maybe you could talk about the external appearance, functions, sound quality, or even compare Spirit X with other earphones?

If you want a sneak peek of the SweatGuard Immersion Test in action, check out this video by @joshuad11.

Rules:

1. How to Enter: Leave your test plan in a comment below and share this event to Facebook or Twitter with hashtag #WeLoveTesting. You will be automatically entered to win 1 of 30 Spirit X earphones for testing.

2. Application Time: June 28th - July 6th, 2018. Winners will be announced on July 9th, 2018.

3. Testers Required: 30

4. Eligibility for Application: USA, UK, and Canada only. We are unable to ship to other countries.

5. Review Requirements: Once you have received your product, you need to send us a link to your review within two weeks. If you haven’t provided a link after two weeks you will be unable to take part in future We Love Testing programs.

6. Where to Share Your Review: You are not required to post your review to a specific website, but you could share your review on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.), YouTube, blogs, deal websites, or other online spaces.

7. Soundcore receives the rights for the final explanation.

Congratulations to our Spirit X testers!

We would like to thank everyone who applied to test our Soundcore Spirit X Sports Earphones!

You created some really thorough testing plans, and we’re excited to see you put them into action. We know that we’re going to get some incredibly useful feedback from all of you.

The 30 lucky testers are:

@FatBoy_Slim, @Bruce_Levine1, @Lance_Miller, @Ericritter026 , @rupinjohar, @Duane_Lester, @cshenoy, @alexlee445, @doris4jin, @mindovermiles262, @gavingilbert82, @Jay12, @milkyste, @moracho, @Melissa_Kornoelje, @Ben_Stundze, @Kevin_Luc, @Element321, @sbeecee, @jonathanchen, @Monk3e, @amangons, @PlumCrazy, @superbigjay, @Mike_Z1, @Kevin_Shaw4, @MunKiy_KingMunkiy_M1, @Paula, @Yidel_Konig, @egtlc

Congratulations!

All the winners will receive a confirmation email this week to claim your testing product. After you receive the Spirit X, please send @AnkerOfficial a link to your review within two weeks.

Unfortunately, space was limited for this test, but as our regulars know, we do exciting new events all the time. Keep checking back!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

2 Likes

Proper beefing up the testing. Go oooooooon @AnkerOfficial :ok_hand:

Wow, the testing options are coming thick and fast…good going @AnkerOfficial :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Whew awesome job with amping up the sweatguard technology. Since I already have these, I will be doing another set of test on my own and will post my results here early next week. ROCK ON ANKER

1 Like

I’ll take these with me on a paddle and see what happens if I fall in :wink:

Looking forward to seeing how other people’s testing sessions go and thanks for the mention @AnkerOfficial!

It’s supposed to be over 100°F and in the shade is no different. Sweat is just an every day occurrence. Closer to the son than sea level. Mountainess desert.

1 Like

As I can’t bath, I could wear on a very sunny day.

I’d be able to test the SweatGuard Immersion by sticking them.in my very sweaty ears! lol

That’s right, when I wear earphones on a warm day, my ears get really hot n sweaty… So much, sometimes I got to use an ear-tip (ear buds) to dry them. This is why in the current weather (in Bristol, UK it’s very warm at the moment) I’m not wearing my hearing aids. Plus the back of my ears get sore from the HA, so will be a test of the comfort of the ear-clips.

PS
I don’t have weird ears, my whole head gets gert hot n sweaty, and if I have something in my ears, then they get sweaty too! lol

1 Like

Test Plan: I will utilize the Spirit X ear phones daily at work as I conduct my companies physical inventory. They will be subjected to heat in excess of 85-95 degrees with a humidity factor that will push into high 90’s to the low 100’s in both outdoors and warehouse setting. They will be used to play various types of music that will test the highest of hi frequencies as well as low frequencies, as well as taking phone calls both indoors and outdoor environments. They will be subjected to constant sweat as well as the occasional rain down pour (when trying to run indoors). When I say these will be subject to constant moist to wet environments to test the sweat guard to the extreem, it will be.

If you are afraid to put these to the test in an industrial environment then I’m not the choice for you, but if you’re confident that these are capable of handling a summer of constant use in the heat AND HIGH humidity in the Ohio Valley, as well as the aspects of normal or heavy use in an industrial setting both indoors and out, then pick me. If they are great, I will let you know, as well as if they are not on the ‘so great’ spectrum. I will give advice on how to improve the design as well as let you know where you got it spot on.

Respectfully,

Brian M.

I don’t wear anything valuable while running (including earphones)…
I would put to test this using my SwearGuard Immersion Test (running with these).

I will test the size, installation and other benefits. Also I will give my overall impressions in pictures and video.

Regards…

1 Like

Commuting and gym in the Tri state area in the brutal summer temperatures M-F. Then running and hiking on the weekends. It will be tested to the limits with my strenuous activities.

Having done this test, it’s a fun exercise! Good luck to the entrants!

2 Likes

I’d love to participate in the Sweat guard Immersion Test and would do so by bringing them with me out in the boat. Boating in the summer provides the perfect testing conditions by combining body sweat AND salt water. It would be a great way to test the comfort, performance and quality compared to the sets I already own without sweatguard. So pick me, pick me!!

I would test them out while I do my laps at our local park. We’re usually there for an hour each night. It’s still hot here in SC even with the sun being down. Thanks

2 Likes

I would take them out during my weekly runs on the track and its usually 4 to 5 miles non stop and also during the rain i run so this would be put to the test

For myself, I live in the middle of America’s heartland where not only it gets hot, but also super humid. That nasty combination causes me to sweat non-stop when doing any type of work outdoors or strenuous excecrcising. My SwearGuard Immersion Test would just be use when I’m either excecrcising in the middle of the afternoon outdoors at the incredible trails here or working the daily grind at my jobs. Because in high humidity days I’m litterally drenched in sweat after a good work out session. Nothing line going to trails in the middle of afternoon heat, right? In addition I’d look at things such as battery life as I am a power user whrn it comes to phones and media consumption. So a great batter life is always a main key in any device I purchase. Then the fact the Spirit Xs have ear hooks I’d look at fit and comfort since I’m also a glasses wearer, and sometimes the biggest issue with headphones is fit with glasses on. Finally I’d analyze audio quality since I’m also a classical trained musician, and love listening to a vast array of music genres. I appreciate a flat EQ in my pairs of headphones.

First, for the SweatGuard Immersion Test, I will use these at the gym for both weightlifting as well as cardio. This test the headphones against the sweat expelled during these exercises.

In addition to the sweat, this test will also determine how well the sealing work with keeping sweat out of my ears.

The fit will also be tested more so with cardio exercises as there is more movement involved such as runner rather than just lifting weights. Related to the fit is how they feel. The comfortability will also be tested. I can get others to try on the pair and see how it fits them as people have different sized ears. They will also be worn for an extended period of time to test the comfortability over time.

The quality and range of the Bluetooth connection will also be tested. I will test how far away I can be without drops in the signal and how walls and other objects affect the signal.

The durability will also be tested such as how well does it standup to being thrown in a gym bag and if there are noticeable dings or scratches.

While I’m no audiophile, I do care a lot about sound and will compare these to the standard Apple earbuds, Bose IE2I earbuds, and Bose Quite Comfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling earbuds. A common problem with in-ear headphones is that they lack in the low end, so that will be tested. It is also known that Bluetooth lacks the same audio fidelity as wired so this will be tested.

To conclude, it would be great to test out this pair of headphones as I am currently looking for a wireless sweatproof pair of headphones and can’t decide on what to get.

Lance