‘We Love Testing’ is Back!

Hi i would like to test out your Soundcore Flare speaker it would replace my old Bluetooth speaker that fell out the crane at i was using at work

I would like to have the chance to test the Motion Q to show it to my subscribers and gave it a my opinion so they can consider it to get one.

My channel is in the way to get 2000 subs and i want to bring content such as reviews of these type of gadgets.

This is my channel if you want to take a look https://www.youtube.com/c/TamoEnAndroid

1 Like

I have tested many products over the years and while I am NOT a true audiophile I truly love music. Over the years I have tested many products for feedback direct back to the manufacturer (pre production devices) or have posted my reviews across multiple platforms including Amazon, Facebook, Twitter etc. One thing I have not done is a video reviews. If I had the chance to test the Flare and Motion Q I would create a full video review and post it on Amazon and Youtube.

To start I would lookup comparison products in the same price range and higher price range to use to compare against. This serves a few purposes. Anker has always made great products at Lower prices than the competition. I would want people to know that the lower priced Flare and Motion Q compare to higher priced models yet no compromise is made. The reason I would test against products in the same price range is to hopefully discover Anker products sound MUCH better and have more/better features at the same price point. I have several speakers from over the years and would love to see how newer technology compares to my speakers that are anywhere from 1 to 8 plus years old.

With all this said I am fair and honest with my reviews and feel that is the most important thing. Why? Because is helps your customers know the truth and if something is NOT working as it should it may help you trouble shoot the problem.

I would test several aspects of the speakers:
-Sound in different environments
-Sound Quality at different EQ settings and optimal EQ settings
-Loudness and Bass Up technology
-Battery Life
-Bluetooth connectivity
-The lights in roomlight, outside mid day, and in the dark
-How different types of music and spoken word like audiobooks sound
-Would also ask a few friends and family members their initial impression when using at a party or social event.
-Review 360 degree audio
-Review and Discuss Soundcore App and cover different EQ settings
-Alexa compatibility and comparison the Amazon Brand Alexa devices. (Better sound Less money, Best voice for Alexa)
-An unboxing in the video
-Shipping options if purchased of Amazon

Being honest I would consider testing if the water proof rating is valid and possibly a breakdown of the device. But if I only had one of each I would probably not do this because I would like to enjoy the speakers for years to come.

I would love the chance to test the Motion Q and Flare speakers and look forward to seeing who the lucky people are that earn the chance to give you and the world feedback!

1 Like

Im glad I hadn’t purchased any speaker yet. Was looking into a new bluetooth speaker large enough to work at both home and work, so the Flare would really be a nice selection. Testing wise a work setting would be stressful for noise interference, working in electronics there is always a nice white noise level from machines and mechanical devices that always run. At home, my wife could really put this through its paces, she is always running speakers at louder than normal volumes (broke 3 that way over the years already).

I had looked at a jbl flip, ultimate boom 2 and a similar bose piece, so I wouldnt mind testing out a Flare and see if my brand loyalty to anker pays off yet again.

I’m not so sure about that

1 Like

I would like to personally test out the Flare, but wouldn’t mind either that or the Motion Q. The way I usually test them is build quality, how it is designed and functionality. For the Flare it would be to see how it sounds, everyday use and the connectivity. I usually test the ranges, and the sound quality compared to similar wireless speakers. Then also if it fits in, and the lighting. Does it fit with the setups, plus the cool lighting profiles and show a video of them functioning and the sound quality it produces.

It would be amazing to see how well the performance is, and to test what it sounds like and which Equalizers sound best.

I would be interested in testing the Soundcore Motion Q.

The main purpose of my test plan would be to test the quantifiable claims made by the product. “It sounds great” or “it’s nice and loud” sound nice in a review but don’t really give any kind of concrete results as far as an actual test goals.

My test plan is as follows:

(1) Playtime: From a user perspective, this is arguably the most important feature of the product – the ability to not just play the speaker for extended period of time, but to be able to play for the advertised amount of time using a useful level of sound. If it lasts the advertised amount of time at low listening levels, that’s not exactly what the user has in mind. Someone buying a high-quality active lifestyle speaker is going to look for long playtime at high volume and heavy continuous use. This might not be a speaker you’re going to use for a rager, but it is exactly the sort of thing you’d want for your backyard pool party. It needs to last.
Test Plan: Full volume playback from full charge to power off.
Test Goal: Advertising for the Soundcore Motion Q boats “up to 10 hours of playtime.” Obviously I’ll try and exceed that in testing.

(2) Volume: “It’s loud” is not enough. We’re looking for quantifiable measurements. This test will use a decibel meter to get both a numerical measurement of volume and will also be used to compare decibel levels to other “competing” speaker sources. For example, someone looking to buy an easy, on-the-go speaker such as the Motion Q will likely be using it to replace their own phone’s speaker that they might use in the shower or just in the backyard.
Test Plan: Full volume decibel level measurement, and comparing those decibel levels to the Galaxy S9+ speakers (advertised as the loudest speakers ever put in a cell phone) as well as other bluetooth connected speakers.
Test Goal: Obviously we’ll be hoping to see the Motion Q exceed volume levels of the other tested products – hopefully considerably so, in the case of the cell phone(s).

(3) IPX7 Waterproofing: IPX7 waterproof means the device should be able to survive being submerged in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes without damage.
Test Plan: Pretty simple, really. We’re going to actually test that claim. 30 minutes, 1 meter underwater. It’ll be playing music during that time too.
Test Goal: Well, clearly we’re looking for no physical damage, but we’re also looking for no sound distortion after that 30 minutes as well, as some speakers that make this claim don’t quite make out as well as you’d hope. 1 meter underwater for 30 minutes is pretty extreme – but you’re basically looking for that shower to be safe for the speaker or a spill into the pool to not damage your purchase.

(4) Bluetooth Range If you’re in the backyard listening to music, walking around, grabbing a burger, you want to be able to roam and easily skip through your playlist without having to run back over to the speaker. The ability to keep your phone in your pocket while playing music is a big plus.
Test Plan: I’ll be playing music, and going as far away as possible before a reliable bluetooth connection starts to skip.
Test Goal: Advertised bluetooth range is 66 feet. Anything beyond 66 feet would pass the test.

(5) Other Non-Quantifiable, Non-Advertised Claims: Not everything is perfectly measurable, but there are some things you can still test reliably even if you don’t have a measurement to go by.
Test Plan: Other items to be tested are durability (a moderate drop test) and quality of sound (comparing sound distortion at high levels to other bluetooth or cell phone speakers at similar volumes).
Test Goal: Ideal durability would be surviving a 1 to 1.5 meter drop – i.e., bumped off the picnic table or falling out of your backpack while you’re on a bike. Quality of sound should be significantly better than a loud cell phone speaker or a comparable quality bluetooth speaker.

Review would be posted on Amazon. That’s certainly the place where it would have the most “bang for your buck,” as you’ll be right in the eyes of someone actively considering to buy the speaker and comparing with others.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to be able to participate in testing!

I’d like to yes the Motion Q. My wife and I are looking for a frontroom speaker as our current solution doesn’t consistently stream from our phones. Having a portable speaker would also allow us to use it in the bathroom whilst we wash our son and listen to the radio and in the garden.

Testing for us would be using the speaker across those three environments, checking it streams well from both of our phones and the iPad and is toddler proof against a rather curious 3-year-old.

1 Like

I’d like to test the flare.
I currently have a soundcore boost which I love.

I’d conduct my test out in my garden in different situations. Whilst renovating the garden in all conditions (light rain, sun and cloud) where i’ll listen to my own playlists whilst doing my work. Also with my children playing in the good weather with music relevant to them.
More than likely it will also be used at BBQ or social gatherings where it will become a talking point where it can be discussed and a review from friends given.
Ill also use it at work where I work outside where colleagues and possibly customers can discuss the Flare

My 7 year old will also use it no doubt either outside with firends or in her bedroom using her tablet.

I can conduct reviews from my own, my family, friends and work colleagues points of view, hoping to get others interested in the Flare.

good luck to those who get selected to test…I would apply but just don’t have the time lately :tired_face:

This is a hard one and everyone wants to the Flare. I would prefer to the Flare, but I will be happy to test either one.

My testing plan…

Is to document unboxing and quality of the packing. Then move into first impressions of the build quality the product and accessories. As always there will professional quality pictures of the product.

For testing, I will do real life testing. I will test how long the play time is, how well it sounds for a variety of music and audio books, I will also test battery life, and I will test its ability to sync with the Soundcore Mini 2 to create a stereo connection. If this works I will test the quality and if I can tell the difference when the audio moving.

If I receive the flare I will also test LED functions and do a short video of the LEDs dancing. Then I will test its waterproofing by fallowing Anker’s directions as to how wet it can get.

If I receive the Motion Q I will test its waterproofing by fallowing Anker’s directions as to how wet it can get. I may even video it while its getting wet. I just need to figure out the best way to do this without damaging my equipment.

Once completed the review will be listed on my personal website under the reviews category. That article will list features/specs and briefly go into detail if the unit I get is app compatible.

I will also Compare the speaker with my Soundcore Mini 2 and Soundcore Boost.

Completed I will give my final thoughts and recommendation.

The article with be shortened and shared to the Anker forums with links to the full article. I will also share the article across Twitter (3.5k+ Followers), Facebook, and Instagram (picture of the item in action).

2 Likes

I would like to test the model Flare, my wife didn’t want my bookshelf speakers in the living room, so I have take them down (sadly), but now having the option of a wireless speaker, it will please my wife during her chores time and me too while I am doing stuff in the kitchen. I would save space from my old stereo receiver. Thanks.

I would love the opportunity to test out the Soundcore MotionQ most because of the lightweight design. My 4 kids would much prefer the Flare because of the LED lights (they listen to music when going to bed and have to have nightlights on…the Flare would be two in one! But alas, the MotionQ would be MY toy, and I would no longer have to fight over my 4 year old Anker Bluetooth speaker that I still use on almost a daily basis for various things in both work and personal life (I could officially pass that down to the kids to use).

I think the first (and most difficult) test would be taking it on my upcoming week long vacation with the whole family (wife and I, 4 kids, wife’s parents, wife’s brother and his wife + their two kids). The kids (ages ranging from 1-10) would put the speaker’s durability and waterproofing to the test (with travel, days at the pool, etc). This would also test battery life and and give the opportunity to review the sounds quality in a number of different environments. In addition, everyone in the family has a different favorite genre, so everything from country, to rock, to electronic would be tested.

I would also be able to test it in a business environment. I work outdoors as an insurance adjuster, and would be able to utilize the speaker for listening music, as well as listening and auditing recorded calls rather than playing them off of my computer. Because I essentially work out of my car, the portability is of the utmost importance.

Upon sufficiently testing the product, I would write a thorough review and start by posting it on arguably one of the most read sources - Amazon so that prospective buyers can get a good glimpse of the product before making the purchase. In addition, I would share it on social media where both personal friends, and co-workers could read about it (since most of my co-workers do the same job as I do, a personal review of the product from someone they know could easily sway them into purchasing one).

I look forward to testing the new Soundcore line of products!

P.S. If you guys decide to test the PowerDrive 2+, I would love to be notified! With myself having a Pixel 2 XL (USB-PD) and my wife getting an LG G35 ThinQ (Quick Charge 3.0) it would be a perfect charger for our carpool to and from work!

1 Like

Wow, lots of good plans! I will read one by one and I really appreciate all your passions and attitudes.
There are still days when the testing event is ended. Friends who haven’t applied yet should act fast!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

@AnkerOfficial

I think on the basis there are 175 comments, this is oversubscribed, as per all Anker promotions.

PS,
Have you read my dm?

Our backyard has recently started to come into bloom and is too large to simply broadcast from the house without disturbing the neighbors. I would test out these speakers by having a barbecue and placing them at strategic points in my yard while walking around and finding out how far away I can be before they start to lose either signal or to the point where I can no longer hear them. Based on all of the other Anker products I have, I expect that I would be surprised at the distance for both.

1 Like

I would love to review the Flare for my YouTube channel InsideTech.

I’m already reviewing the Motion Q and it would be really great to make a video comparison of it against the Flare to help people decide which one they want to buy. In a similar style to my other videos, I’ll be testing Design, Features, Build Quality, Audio Quality, Water-Resistance and Value. It would be really great to get some Anker tech features on the channel!

I live right on a lake so I plan to test the Motion Q in a few ways. To start, I’d want to test the sound quality when it’s sitting on a dock. This is where I’d use it the most because a waterproof speaker would be great to use to play music while myself and my family are in the water. The next test would be dropping it into the lake to test the waterproofing. Finally, I’d take it out on the boat to see how it holds up to splashes and wet hands. I would most likely share my review on my Instagram and Facebook.

I would love to test the Flare. My teenagers would be helping me test it out by our pool. We have pool parties for their friends every weekend. This would be great for the whole family to get involved. Great opportunity!

I would love to test the Flare. To start off the test I would play music from several genres including pop, rock, classical, jazz and more. I would pick songs from each group so I could hear how each one sounds. I would compare this to some other brands of speakers I own and compare and contrast the differences. I would also try speaker tests online so I could test the bass, range and other qualities to look for in a speaker. I would also test the speaker around different areas where the acoustics would be different, for example the bathroom, bedrooms, outside, in my garage and other different places.
Finally I would post my review to my Facebook, amazon, and anker community. Thanks.