Warranty on a prize

So I’m having issues with some soundbud lites I won from Anker 12months ago. I’m wondering how would I get in contact with someone about them? I can’t go via warranty claim because I don’t have any proof of purchase.

Or am I being far too cheeky trying to claim on a warranty for a product I essentially paid nothing for?

Thanks!

Es

3 Likes

I would email anker, or message @AnkerOfficial I think it’s fine to redeem a warranty even for a price.

2 Likes

Ankers warranty policy states:

Not Covered Under Warranty:
● Products without sufficient proof of purchase
● Lost or stolen products
● Items that have expired their warranty period
● Non quality-related issues (after 30 days of purchase)
Free products
● Repairs through 3rd parties
● Damage from outside sources
● Damage from misuse of products (including, but not limited to: falls, extreme temperatures, water, operating devices improperly)
● Purchases from unauthorized resellers

With that said, you can email support and let them know and ask they make a 1 time exception to warranty the item for you. But know they are not obligated to as it is stated free items are not covered under warranty

9 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out!

As I thought, I’m being too cheeky :joy:

1 Like

@ajsanders2004 Anker use to cover prizes a year or two ago, but they have long since revised their policy for a number of reasons. Most notably I think some people took advantage of their policy and exploited it to get more free products, but it’s also about cutting cost and expenses

4 Likes

No your not being cheeky, Its ok to ask as you didn’t know. And besides, as I mentioned they may replace them but you have to ask nicely and if they could make the exception for you.

PS. Check your messages

2 Likes

I’d recommend to still send them an email, worst that can happen is they say no. So give it a shot

1 Like

That makes sense.

I feel it is good to give it a try for genuine case and at the same time provide complete details as to what is the issue as a feedback so they Anker may improve the product. The whole point of this community, forum and power user programs have been a continuous feedback and product improvements.

Guess I better brush up on rules and stuff cause I didn’t know they do not warranty “free stuff”! It completely makes sense but if you ever receive a dud right from the start then I’m sure they will accommodate that!

1 Like

Just make sure you note the prodyct failure in any reviews you have written.

1 Like

Been Lucky so far, had issue with only ‘one’ Anker device which I had bought with charging issues, Anker support was prompt on replacing it. For the prizes and other testing items, whatever I have got left after gifting all are working great ( keep hearing good things from my friends for items I gifted)

1 Like

I would also suggest contacting support and let them know. The issue can be address in future versions and you know never know. As @ikari04warrior mentioned, the worse they can do is so no to replacement.

1 Like

I agree but I disagree. It might be a freebie but obtained legally from Anker. I’m still a legit customer in my opinion. I will not make any fuss even if they don’t cover it under warranty.

You can disagree, but I did not post this blindly as I have experienced this myself in the past. You can search on here for when I went on a rant about them changing their policy and no longer honoring the warranty, on a item I was asked to test out non the less not something specifically won. Hence why I told the op to ask for a one time exception, as that’s what they did for me in order to resolve the issue

2 Likes

It’s generally a good idea to just email anker support@anker.com and ask, like @elmo41683 said, using the search feature on the forum is good way to save yourself time

OP, I think as long as you explain your issue and ask politely to make an exception, they might be able to help you out. Good luck to you!

I see you are talking from your experience, but seems we both are thinking in same lines.
Ultimately, its Anker’s decision whether or not to honor warranty on such items, and we should not go nuts as we pay fraction (when you consider your time on community etc.,) of what it cost real.
On the side note, Anker can get benefit from it too as they have an opportunity to troubleshoot and improvise the product with one of it’s community members, easier compared to a outside customer.

I wasn’t saying don’t contact them, as I did say ask for them to make a 1 time exception if they refuse. But it’s always best practise regardless of what’s going on to reach out to support for help or even offer your suggestions.

Yeah, this is one way of providing feedback to the manufacturer. Otherwise how would they know if something is not right in their product and there is a way to improve it.