VIVA conflict with WAZE app on iOS 11.2.6

Hi,

I’m using VIVA on an iPhone 8+ with iOS 11.2.6. I use Waze to navigate. Often when Waze speaks (turn left, etc.) then I lose the music that is playing through VIVA (Amazon Music Unlimited account). It seems like I can fix the problem by asking Alexa to play the song again until she complains that “Another app is using your sound; please connect to the Roav Viva app to get your sound back” and I click the notification window that appears at the top. This seems to work until I navigate to another destination. (I have to change navigation destinations constantly because I’m driving Uber/Lyft.)

Is there a better work-around for this? Does DROID have this same kind of issue?

Thanks for your consideration and thanks for an awesome product!
Curtis

Does the same thing happen on other navigation apps, or with other music services?

I don’t like other navigation apps and really only use Amazon Music, so I don’t know.

I don’t use an iPhone, but I want to say there’s a few options you may want to check out in the Sound & Voice section of Waze’s setting.

@Curtis_Wyman We are glad to let you know that this issue is improved in our latest VIVA app (V2.0.0). Could you please have a try? If the issue persists, please feel free to contact us at support@goroav.com. We are always here to help.

I’ve had my Viva less than a week and here are observations. I’m using an LG andoid 7.0 and I didn’t have any particular set up issues. I’d already paired my phone to a Pioneer upgrade in my 05 pickup in an effort to get hands free music, navigation and phone that was mostly successful with the obvious caveat that the music and navigation was set up before driving. I had settled on Waze as my favorite nav system coincidently. Pairing the Viva wasn’t any more of an issue. Then the fun began. I made the mistake of starting with music first because I had been using Pandora both indoors and on my phone in the truck. The Music cued by voice but then it went downhill from there. I encountered three realities. The blue ring, in day mode, is hard to differentiate from the Alexa is listening light. I can’t even describe what color it is. That ties into the second issue in that there is a indefinite lag from invocation to when she is actually listening to the point is hard to know when to begin. It’s a small window and if you start too late you’ll meet the dumb Alexa. The reason I said the music was a mistake is because the Viva microphone doesn’t do a very good job of separating my voice from radio voices. I end up yelling to invoke Alexa and then continue loud but still with very uneven results. Waze voice navigation by voice is a nightmare. What might work one minute won’t the next. I’ll get Waze opened on my phone with the appropriate map and the next time I’ll get gibberish from Alexa about setting up a video app and then the next time I’ll get dumb Alexa. I’ve checked history in the Alexa app and the instruction/question was heard accurately most of the time. Last on my nav birch list is when I tried to getting drive directions to someone in my contact list with a complete address. That got me nowhere so I tried again after entering the same info in my Waze favorites. No dice. Lastly, I tried saying the address and got directions to the. CITY. Lastly, I made one phone call without incident but then I was able to that with “hey Google”. I also did some random parked, no music, tests and Alexa behaved nicely. Told me stupid jokes, the weather and her usual interesting trivia. Viva’s inability to do navigation on the fly pretty much negates her reason to be in a car. I think if they wrote a Waze skill for Alexa and then gave us the words to use they would have something pretty useful.