Viki not working - Updated and Fixed!

Viki shows up as an available app for the Capsule Max. I install it, log in and all my videos are there. The problem is when I go to watch one I get the message, “sorry the video is not available either in your location or on this device.”

Are there any other Viki users here? Anyone get it to work? I tried using Firefox but it tells me I have to use the app. Screen mirroring is choppy at best. I’m having to use my chromecast to watch it. It’s very frustrating!

Is Viki Geo-Locked / Geo-Restricted app? I don’t use it so asking.

Please reach out to Nebula Support support@seenebula.com you should hear back some suggestions / resolution to your issue.

I have the app on my phone and tablet and it works just fine but it doesn’t seem to work on the Max, even though it is there. Viki does have some shows that are only available in certain areas but 95% or more are fully accessible in the US.

Did you install the Viki from Google play store ( beta update / unlock code received from Nebula support) or was it pre-installed by Nebula when you received it?

You should definitely write to support and get it rectified.

It showed up as available in the Play store, so should be usable but doesn’t work. I’ll reach out to support. Thanks!

1 Like

Best of luck, do post the update / inputs you receive from Anker Nebula Support

I got my response and it works!!

Dear Courtney Burkett,

Thanks for contacting us to bring the issue to our attention.

For the Viki app, we apologize for the inconvenient experience brought you in this case. As we just double-tested, the version in Nebula Manager seems too old now. We tried the following apk version and it seems to work fine with no errors.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/viki-inc/viki-tv-dramas-movies-android-tv/viki-tv-dramas-movies-android-tv-2-3-6-release/viki-korean-drama-movies-asian-tv-android-tv-2-3-6-android-apk-download/download/

Could you please uninstall the version you’ve installed from the Nebula Manager and download the above version to your USB drive and then install to the Capsule Max to see how it works?

We shall replace the version in our Nebula Manager app store soon. Looking forward to your reply.

Reference Ticket#97290886 if contacting a CSR

Sharon

Nebula Customer Support Engineer

If you don’t feel satisfied with our response then please click this link to escalate the ticket. A member of our management team will get back to you within 24 hours (Mon-Fri).
https://csc.anker-in.com/escalation/?brand%3DNebula%26code%3D3258809%26lang%3DEN%26ticket_number%3D97290886

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to hear your issue is resolved!