Using Soundbuds to hear phone call

I’m having an issue that when I go to make a call I don’t hear anything through the earbuds until I switch to phone speaker than back to earbuds.

I cleared the data from Bluetooth Share on my Android phone, but it doesn’t seem to fix the issue. Is anyone experiencin

Thanks.

1 Like

So you did forget and then put your headphones on pairing mode?

Go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone, look for your paired device, click on the cogwheel gear to the right of said paired device, make sure contact sharing and phone audio is selected. I have had issues if just phone audio is selected but not contact sharing, so make sure both are enabled and selected

They’re already paired.

What does contact sharing do?

I checked contact sharing but it made no difference.

Did you make sure all the check boxes are checked off? And have you tried forgetting the device and repairing

So I do not know the specific problem nor solution but I can use logic.

The problem is your phone’s software. The fact all you did was interact with the phone to fix means it is a phone problem. If you had to do soundbud tasks then it could have been the buds problems.

This is likely a software bug in your phone. Ignore the Anker aspect and go search related to your phone, like in XDA forums, for text like “bluetooth problems”.

The helpful advice you got already is about resetting and getting your phone to cooperate that is a common workaround.

You mention Android. A common Android fix is to clear cache for all apps

> Go to the storage section in settings. Click on the Internal storage. Look for Cached data and click on that. Then you get a pop up to clear all the cached data for all apps. That will clear out a ton of old data.

1 Like

Never had a similar issue. Everytime I had a phonecall with them, even during a run, it was loud and clear

So uncheck all boxes.
Forget device
re-pair
check boxes again?

You can try that, also like @nigelhealy mentioned you can check on xda forum

I think it might be my phone. Thanks for all the help.

I should have asked sooner, what is the make and model of your phone?

Motorola G4 Play or XT1609

There have been numerous people complainin of having bluetooth issues with that phone so I would say it definitely is your phone and it’s software.

1 work around is to clear your phones cache, to do so follow these directions

To perform a wipe cache partition:
1- With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
2- Press the Volume Down button to highlight “Recovery mode”
3- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You’ll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
4- Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
5- Use the volume buttons to scroll to “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
6- “Reboot system now” will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.
It may take a few minutes but once done your phone will restart ad then try and see if it’s still an issue

3 Likes

Well said.

Perfect. Only thing that worked for me OnePlus 5T
Thanks