Using PowerCore 20000 to power small devices

I am working on a project and attempting to use the PC 20000 to power a small device, but the PC 20000 seems to shut itself off after some time. Is this normal? Does it matter if I make use of the “quick charge output” vs. the “normal USB output”?

What exactly are you trying to Power?

several devices, each with its own PC 20000. I need extended operating time as the units will be inaccessible and I am trying to determine how long each will operate using the PC battery:

• a GPS repeater
  • a GPS data logger
  • a SPOT TRACE tracker

If the requested power draw is less than 1 amp the powercore will shut itself off. Same thing happens when you try to charge bluetooth headphones via the powercore. As long as the requested power is sufficient the powercore will remain on. This is by design and nothing wrong with your powercore

It is recommended that you use a wall plug, computer, or plug in a second device that can draw more power in order for it to remain on when powering low power devices

1 A? Wow, that’s quite a bit of current! Okay, looks like it probably won’t work since if I connect enough devices to draw 1A, the PC won’t be able to supply power for very long. I may have to resort back to my original plan of creating a battery bank using AA cells (this has to be portable). Crap. Okay, thanks.

Smaller Powercore shut-off on lower Wattage, the mini suits smaller like Soundbuds.

I can get smaller items to 100% charge via repeatedly pressing the 10000 Powercore button.

So those are two options.

1 Like