Use while charging?

Is there a way to use the SoundBuds Slim while it is charging? When I try to turn the device on while plugged in, it has no effect.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

No there is no way to, intended by Anker atleast to use the slims while plugged in. Probably not the smartest idea either to have electricity so close to your head. :joy:

2 Likes

Easy. Buy two. Use one while charging the other. :wink:

I know what you mean about battery life, on busy long days like working from home with lots of calls I found I might run out of battery. Answer for that problem, longer battery life Anker Soundbuds Life. I won a set in a competition and its really liberating my busy work day battery problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. That said, it’s a 5V charging circuit. That voltage can’t really harm you anyway, even if near your head.

1 Like

It is not the voltage that is harmful it’s the amps. It’s The Current That Kills. Offhand it would seem that a shock of 10,000 volts would be more deadly than 100 volts. But this is not so! … While any amount of current over 10 milliamps (0.01 amp) is capable of producing painful to severe shock, currents between 100 and 200 mA (0.1 to 0.2 amp) are lethal.
Electrical Safety: The Fatal Current
The Ohio State University › physics › fat…

1 Like

This is a common and dangerous misunderstanding. A basic understanding of Ohm’s law is all you need to know that high voltage like 10kV is definitely dangerous to humans, and typically anything below 60VDC or 35VAC is not directly dangerous. Voltage drives current through a load of a given resistance/impedance. The human body has a relatively high resistance that varies between thousands to hundreds of thousands of ohms. 5V is not enough voltage under any circumstance to drive a lethal amount of current through the human body. Please stop repeating this “it’s not the voltage that kills, it’s the current!” as it’s nonsense…current depends on voltage and resistance…so unless you’re made out of copper, you’ll never see lethal current from a 5V source.