USBC Output with USB A and SD and Micro SD slot powered hub?

I’m trying to solve a niche need.

I have a few USBC input Android devices and want to:

• plugin USB A harddrive
  • plugin full size SD cards
  • plugin microSD cards
  • power the Android device.
  • present OTG to Android.

So does anything exist which does this?

I’m thinking I have the parts and pieces to do some of this already but not in one solution.

I think Anker [Upgraded] USB C Hub Adapter 7-in-1 USB C Adapter can fulfill all of these requirements

Thanks. My devices are not USB PD themselves, does that matter?

I don’t think their much more than USB 2.1 in a C port shape.

I think (purely my assumption) , it should not matter, I got a USB-C hub (non Anker though :frowning: ) with my new laptop, I can test it out with Pixel - test with PowerPort Nano III

Interesting product the 7 in 1 but never understand the micro SD slot.
I must have 8-10 micro to full SD card adaptors, they include one with practically every purchase of a micro SD card.

A couple of reasons.

The SD and micro SD slots are thin so you can easily stack them both in the height you need for USB A socket.

Both means you can slot in two cards at the same time for more capacity.

Your point SD jackets is valid and if collectively we wanted two SD full-size I’d be fine with that as I also have lots of jackets.

2 Likes

As others have said definitely the 7 in 1 hub is what you would need. Out of curiously what android devices would you be using this with

OnePlus 6T
Huawei Mediapad M5

Used a USB-C Hub with USB 2.0 port, PD Input, Pixel, USB Stick 64GB and Micro SD Card 32GB along with the Adapter card.

Was able to charge the Pixel with the PowerPort Nano III, able to access the 64GB USB Stick, Micro SD Card 32GB / SD Card Adapter (Though it was either the USB Stick OR MicroSD / SD Card accessible at one time)

So the Anker 7-in-1 USB-C Hub should work.

Also tried charging via the USB-A to C cable connected to default Apple 5W brick, and was able to access the USB device as well as charge pixel. Did not check the charging speed, but does do the trick.