USB PowerLine+ with 27w PowerPort 4 going into Motorola G4

All of the sudden my phone and charger/charging cable doesn’t charge anymore, occasionally it does but it seems like it is at a very precise angle that it has to be at to charge. When i try to get that angle i can’t seem to find it.Is the PowerPort 4 being strange or is the USB end of the PowerLine+ being wonky, could it also be my phone?

Thank you

-Kekler(Misx)

2 Likes

Eliminate cause. Try different cable. Try different port on the Powerport. If same problem then its the phone.

The Powerport will be reacting to a bad port or cable by turning power off a couple of times and trying at different voltages to overcome resistance “VoltageBoost”

Just tried a different cable and it works so it seems like it’s the cable. I just moved into our new school and as soon as i used my charger in the new PCs it seems like it has malfunctioned now with the actual charger and it isn’t working in my own PC now :confused:

OK so a different cable doesn’t mean the cable is at fault specifically, each cable’s MicroB port is a different size slightly such as been bent a little differently so it could still be the USB port on phone and your new cable is just luckier, a little tighter fight.

So good you found a different cable works, but it doesn’t mean the cable is at fault.

Use that same potentially fault cable in another device and see if wiggling the same way causes the same failure, then you have reasonable evidence its the cable for a warranty claim.

Used a different charger with the ANKER cable in a different phone and it works but not in mine.

oh, its the end near the charger, not the end near the phone, you have to wiggle?

I’ve already tried that but i’ll try again. I’ve tried all 4 of the USB slots in the charger as well but i’ll have a wiggle

Nothing happened, wiggled it in every single slot and still nothing :confused:

This sounds to me like your port in your phone is messed up hence why you have to wiggle the connection in order for it to work. Seeing you said it works in a different phone

But i used a completely different cable and it worked perfectly fine

It’s like @nigelhealy said different cables doesn’t rule out issues with the port. As the ends may or may not be bent differently or flexed the same way. The fact that the Anker cable worked in a different phone leads me to believe it’s your port that is the issue

But it shouldn’t be because it worked with a completely different cable