Usb female surface mount

Does anyone know a site to get the same 5pin female charging ports as it broke on my speaker anand need to order ad ive stripped my soundcore boost new charging port if anyone could help me out and locate these for sale at a reasonable price please let me know as ive searched for hours and found nothing, Thanks

If your still under warranty why not reach out to support and ask for their help in replacing the unit or assistance with repair?
Send support@anker.com an email

1 Like

I would agree with Elmo, unless you have already opened the product and voided all warranties. If that has happened it would be a challenge to identify a replacement usb port without photos and/or a part number. Sites like DigiKey, Newark and Mouser are good resources in that latter scenario.

1 Like

[quote=“Monk3e, post:3, topic:61235, full:true”]unless you have already opened the product and voided all warranties. If that has happened it would be a challenge to identify a replacement usb port without photos and/or a part number. Sites like DigiKey, Newark and Mouser are good resources in that latter scenario.
[/quote]Sounds like they have already “stripped” the item to get to the bad component.

I’ll agree with the sites that @Monk3e suggested to try to locate the component in question.

1 Like

I have already broken the seal but I have got intouch with their support team to see if they can send the part code so I can order a new one

Thanks greatly for input :slight_smile:

How did the port itself “break”?

Usually, the failure point on microUSB ports are cracked solder joints on the connector legs/pins that are soldered onto the PCB (printed circuit board). Sometimes, simply reflowing solder onto the connector legs solves the issue.

If it indeed “broke” in this way (cracked solder joints), the fix is relatively simple if you own a soldering iron.

1 Like

interestingly enough, I have started to see the plastic wafer in the port snap more and more often in some products I use at work. If the cable is torqued in an upward or downward motion too much (in my case it is vibration during transport), the plastic piece the pins ride on can break over time.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input as I am glad to see an active community my problem has been resolved

1 Like

Nice people over at Anker aren’t they?

Glad your problem was quickly resolved.

1 Like