USB 3.0 hub doesn't quick charge when plugged in

Hi guys,

I have Anker’s 7 port USB 3.0 USB 3.0 hub with 36W power supply, and I cannot really use the quick charge feature on the hub.

The quick charge feature on the last port ONLY works if the hub’s is not connected to the computer. If the hub is connected to the computer, it immediately drops from 2100mA to 500mA. I have 2 of these hubs and they both do the same thing. I’ve connected the hubs to various computers and it is the same thing. How can I get the quick 2.1A charging to work when the hub is connected to the computer? That feature is sort of useless if I can only use it when it is not connected to the computer.

Thanks

Maybe a silly question but is it hub connected to you USB 3 ports on PC?
edit: Saw a little more about it now. Do you always connect power supply to it ?

I believe this is a safety feature to avoid sending too much power back to the computer’s USB port. I checked out the product page and it looks like this is noted:

Charge via a power adapter for higher 2 amp speeds with all USB-enabled devices when hub is disconnected from an active USB port, or your computer is off or in sleep mode.

Of course, Anker wants you to be satisfied with your purchase, so feel free to contact support@anker.com for assistance.

1 Like

I have this same hub. Mine quick chargers only when the data devices are not plugged in. I can run quick charge on all the ports (or at least the product description says I can) When devices are plugged it will charge your phone but not at full speed. But that was mentioned on the product sales page of Amazon and Anker’s website.

It still charges pretty quickly and a lot faster than a regular charge from a data hub or the USB port directly on the computer.

1 Like

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience. It is true that the charging speed would be getting slower when this Anker’s 7 port USB 3.0 USB 3.0 hub with 36W power supply is connecting with a computer.

When the hub isn’t connecting a computer, this 7th port provides 5V/2.1A for the charging purpose. But when a computer is connected, part of the current is used for data transfer purpose, so the 7th port can only charge a device at 5V/1.5A.

Therefore, we are sorry it is not possible to get the quick 2.1A charging to work when the hub is connecting with a computer.

1 Like