[Updated] Soundcore Space NC

As @AnkerOfficial teased months ago, Anker appears to be ready (finally) to launch their own pair of wireless over ear headphones!

Before we get down to the nitty gritty, there are a couple things I see that I don’t like right off the bat. First, the good, old Micro-USB port instead of USB-C. I know there are some people that will defend Anker for this move, but come on, it’s 2018. Next, why are we still using Bluetooth v. 4.1 here? 4.2 has been out for quite some time and 5.0 offers significant benefits. Those are my two cents.

I think I like the design. It’ll be interesting to see how the typical functions work as it is a touch (swiping) interface. Battery life isn’t great, but not bad either, listed at 20 hours (of course this can all change) over BT and 50 hours if you choose to use the included aux cable. Charging time is 3 hours and the unit ways 9.14 oz / 259 g. They are 40mm drivers and the frequency response ranges from 16Hz to 20KHz. Link to full manual.

What do you think of SoundCore Space? I love the name. Of course, what really matters is how it sounds and the price point.

Quick note: It seems as though Anker is ditching the SoundBuds branding entirely in favor of SoundCore.

11 Likes

The looks of it is sleek, construction also looks solid. As a bluetooth system I would have interest. Specks are a little below my V-moda LP2’s, but where it counts the ability looks like it would do well. Will need to keep an eye on these and see where the price point drops in.

3 Likes

Speaking of, what’s your best guess based off the specs?

1 Like

Purely off of specs and casing materials I would put them in the mid range of headphones. Beats and Bose tend to run similar specs but charge more for the name. The Vmoda LP2 system I have comes in a wireless variant thats high due to all metal construction and a 50mm dual driver system. With these though, they look very closely matched to the sennheiser HD 4.40 I linked here. They are around $100, so I would think we are looking in this neighborhood.

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-hd-4-40-bt

2 Likes

Not sure I like the look of these. They’re massive and pretty dull looking.

2 Likes

I would much rather have a dull looking headphone that performs great than wireless eye candy that is junk. If you look at Bose headphones vs Beats, one looks cute and frilly but breaks too easily while the other destroys them with sound quality but looks like you bought them at Kmart on clearance lol.

2 Likes

I want these headphones don’t really care about battery life since in only use my Bluetooth headphones when walking or when taking the bus

2 Likes

Ooh I like the look of these and would be even more interested if they cam in at or around $75. I have a few audio companies such as ME Audio, and Jlabs that have come out with bluetooth over the ear so these have to be priced right and sound better. Would be even more interested if they included aptx and other HD audio profiles

2 Likes

Maybe samples will appear for Power Users!

3 Likes

Optional aux cord will benefit as Bluetooth 4.1 has bugs as we all know and for a solid connection. 39.4 feet for the range, seems very low compared to the other 4.1 headphones. I can’t find how long the aux cord will be as that can be a deal breaker for some.

2 Likes

Wow I like these overhead headphones would be perfect in the office :smile: :headphones:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a pair of wireless over the ear headphones. Hopefully these will be as some of the other premium brands for a lot cheaper.

2 Likes

Maybe US PU :frowning2: …they look interesting though, not completely indistinguishable from others on the market and the micro USB is a touch disappointing but then again it depends how long they have had these in development…

2 Likes

While I am a little disappointed to see 4.1 instead of newer Bluetooth codecs, these could be very tempting for the right price. Also, do we know if they’ll be collapsible at all? It doesn’t look like it, and that’s certainly not a deal breaker, but it’s hard to tell.

I’m excited for them!

2 Likes

If the silver/grey parts are plastic that will be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully the are some sort of alloy. Great name

1 Like

Agreed. Thought they would have gone for 4.2 seeming as a large number of the SoundBuds range are running this. Can see why they opted for an older standard than 5.0 though, both for wider compatibility and the like…

Hoping they can give my Sony Pro MDR7506 Headphones a run for their money (if you need a tester in the future @AnkerOfficial :grin: :laughing: )

1 Like

For me it would be all about the audio quality (and good frequency bandwidth) and comfort wearing them. I already own some wireless bluetooth headphones, they sound good, but can get uncomfortable after wearing for a while. Looking forward to reading reviews on this when its released :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s all backwards compatible, though. I’m using Liberty+ with a non BT 5 device.

1 Like

it will be a version with active noise reduction?