Upcoming release: Eufy Security Baby Monitor [Update: new pictures and manual!]

From what I understand, there’s no internet connection, thus no app.

But, since you mentioned, my two cents on the app-only baby monitors: parents want to be sure they can tend to their little ones as fast as possible. Before buying the monitor we choose, I researched a lot of options and read tons of reviews. The app-only monitors do have the advantage of one less device and being able to watch from anywhere, but they come with a huge disadvantage: latency. I even got to test a device who had both a parent unit and could send the images to the internet to be viewed from an app or even in a browser. The latency on that particular model was over one second, when the internet connection was optimal. And that’s considering you have the app/browser already on all the time. One second might not look like much, but it’s plenty of time for a hungry baby to go from sad-hungry to crazy-mad-hungry. But that’s not all. If you rely on the notifications, no matter how much you fine-tune the sensibility on the sensors, there was over 15 seconds of delay between the event and the notification. If a lot can happen in one second, imagine 15 and over. I guess having to pass through multiple servers across the globe until coming back to appear on your phone is fine for Facebook notifications, but not for a crying baby. If you leave your phone on the app the whole time - you would have to keep touching the screen to prevent it from closing automatically - your phone battery would discharge pretty fast. I guess we don’t want that, either.

In the parent unit there was also latency, but of a few milliseconds tops, and it did not varied since it was a direct connection. And the sound is always on - the screen turned off after some time to save battery - so we could be sure to listen to any calls as soon as they happened.

And that’s not to mention the security issues. So far, from what I read, there’s no perfect solution. There will always be vulnerability. And while the chances of one particular unit getting hacked are low - unless you are some celebrity - I particularly don’t want to take that risk.

2 Likes

Good to hear that it will be available in several locations!

I’m also looking forward to other eufy Security products we expect to learn more about in the near future!

2 Likes

Awesome! I look forward to hearing more about this monitor. I researched a ton of monitors before my son was born and felt like I ended up settling on something as I was never blown away with one. We’re going to have another child here shortly so we’re going to look to possibly dump our old one as it’s become more of a burden than a blessing.

My pain points with ours is definitely a lack battery-life and sketchy connectivity through our house which is fairly modest. I’m a huge fan of the products Anker produces so look forward to seeing reviews or testing to see what the Eufy Security Baby Monitor can do.

3 Likes

I’d love to test this (well, my stepdaughter would love to try this with Lyra, our 16wk grandchild).

2 Likes

We use a security camera as our baby monitor. When ours was younger, we would leave the iPad on all night (plugged in of course). The latency aspect has never been an issue for us. The benefit for us is being able to see the camera whenever we want (ie outside sitting around the fire pit).

2 Likes

This could be a very very useful product, and very functional, personally i think that two-way audio is very important, because you can listen but if you want tell something to your son…

2 Likes

Then he can think the walls are talking to him! lol :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Awesome! Just in time my brother and his new wife are expecteding their first baby in March.

4 Likes

Lol, he will think that

2 Likes

Post updated with new pictures and a link to the manual!

4 Likes

Our current baby monitor drives us nuts because of the poor video quality, short range, and terrible battery life that it has to be plugged in 24/7 anymore. Going to continue to keep an eye on when this becomes available as it looks to cross off a bunch of our pain points with our current baby monitor.

2 Likes

Love that idea! I could use an alarm clock that does that as well. Are you listening Anker!

1 Like

With the most likes on this thread, Anker is obligated to make it happen :smiley:

2 Likes

New update! The Amazon US page is live to order! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBP3GH9 And it got an official name: eufy Security SpaceView Baby Monitor

The price is $169.99!

Not appearing on Amazon.ca yet. Fellow community members in Germany, France and UK, do you see it?

6 Likes

Not showing in the UK but it’s normally 2wks to 1-2 months for new products to pop up in the UK after a US release…

2 Likes

Update: eufy Security’s SpaceView Baby Monitor is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $134.99, and should begin shipping on September 23.

3 Likes

When will the extra camera be available? Your Amazon listing questions and answers says that the extra camera should be available soon, and I really want to order it but really need a second camera.

It looks like the camera was already approved on its own for the FCC, separately from the parent monitor. What is the hold up on making it available for sale?

Hi All
seems like a great product,
when will both the camera’s be available in the UK?
it should have been available a while ago but never happened

thanks

1 Like

The monitor is great but they are taking a while to release the extra cameras for some reason.

The extra camera will be released before the end of April.

2 Likes