Unlock the power of eufy Doorbell - Motion Detection

Love the article and illustration.

1 Like

nice write up and walk through.

I wish you guy did a truly wireless doorbell for those that don’t have a wired door bell. If you guys made one or had a kit to convert the current one into a battery powered unit I would love to get my hands on one of these.

Sorry this is the limit set by the discourse system. And it has been upgraded from 2MB to 4MB on this version.

3 Likes

Sorry to read. Most cool gifs are bigger than 4MB :weary: and like seen above, this low limit is destroying my stories and noone will click a link to see a gif! … At Post #9 above, the gif which is not shown because of the limit is essential for the whole story and joke - but only 2 … TWO(!) … clicked (and thefore) seen it. :unamused:

… so the EGF … the eufy gif master will quit his job here.

The GIF MASTER is :skull_and_crossbones: … long live the GIF MASTER! :crown:

4mb is better than 2mb. Maybe in the next system update we can have 5mb :rofl:

1 Like

Sure @ikari04warrior

But you need to see the deterioration of possibilities:

In the previous forum version, there has been also a certain limit of MB for uploaded files, probably the same as now. So far, so good. BUT:

In the previous version you have been able to post an URL of files which has been BIGGER than this limit and it has been still shown in the post (but not automatically downloaded to the forum space).

In the current version you can still post an URL over images larger than those 4MB, but instead of showing them in the forum (from 3rd party webspace) it is only showing an “error” message with a link :-1:

That’s the small but subtle difference :exclamation:

So from now on, it will not be possible anymore to post images, gifs or whatever, which are bigger than (joking) 4 MB with the option to get it shown in the post. Now you have to click on a link to see it. Most people won’t do this, proofen in this post #9 above. Most people probably do not even take notice that there is an image “missing” because they oversee the link.

Need another example? Sure direct link to the post: … see +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++ and notice that several hundred people have reades it, but only 1 … yes … ONE(!) has clicked the error-message-link to see tha GIF! :roll_eyes:

Now understanding why it is a step backwards in my eyes and why it is “destroying” some “story” or post or the “easy read and understand” of a post?

Not a big deal and trump will still terrorize the world (which will still keep spinning; at least until he hits the nuclear button), but no more gifs from me from now on… :cry:

Have a nice day.

(Maybe the first post from me in this forum without any GIF!) :scream:

2 Likes

Yea I think this is the first post I see from you without a gif :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I wish the levels we’re back as people worked hard to get those

I cannot imagine @yamyam posting without using GIFs… You did it bro! :+1:
may be the new forum look gave you new energy and thoughts :joy:

Forcing, inciting and motivating me to delete my anker community account bro?! :crazy_face:

1 Like

nah…I never do that to you :wink:

1 Like

Got it, 4mb, the incremental upgrade of 2 to 4mb “should be” good for most cases, but i do agree with you concern / request.

1 Like

Hey, dear new Doorbell users, welcome to join the eufy family!:relaxed:
We’re just dropping in to see how you’re getting on with your Doorbell. Is everything working well?
If you have any issues or anything you want to share with us, please let us know!
Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Finally implement the same smart and working multi-dot motion detection activity zones feature to the eufy cam! Only if motion is detected in the defined zones, video is recording. Else: NOT!

We are waiting for this since almost one year now!

Ive just installed the Video doorbell. Its great except it thinks the rim of my care is a person. So it records for aleast 4mins afew times a day. Then on the rareity it things my front tree is a person. Maybe an update to the software to stop this?

1 Like

Is there a way to easily see all the saved videos on the Eufy drive & easily delete them all at once? I’m going through the videos week by week, day by day & deleting the videos I don’t want. This is a slow & tedious process. Is there a way to see a month at a time or even all the saved videos at once?
Thank you!

1 Like

I’d imagine it is the same as the Floodlight Cam and Homebase. If you go into My Devices in the Eufy Security app, go into the Doorbell, and Camera Storage - You can hit clear storage from there.

The only way to do this if you don’t have cloud subscription is via the eufy security app. As @Ryan_Mullins said, go to devices and you need to go for each day and select all videos if you want and hit delete.

Motion detection for all activity with an activity zone set is not working for people but works for every single headlight that goes by. Seems like motion detection could be more sensitive and needs more zones that we can set.

1 Like

I still have that problem for same car feature (hubcaps). I have even excluded it from the motion detection area with the polygon. I have already used the exclusion square for some trees that can resemble a person in the right lighting.