Understanding USB-C | Everything You Need to Know!

If not less

1 Like

@Nhi I am afraid we do not have so slim lightning cable. Apple has a requirement about the size of lightning end, which is not more than 20126.25mm according MFI , we followed this requirement. If the case follows MFI, The size of the charging port of the case should be larger than 20126.25mm. Still, I am sorry for the trouble. I had the same trouble before with my USB C cellphone :joy:

1 Like

I admit, I’ve been a bit on the slow side when it comes to understanding how to use a USB-C cord. I mean, I know it’s purpose, benefit, and intention of use but what I don’t know is what exactly I can plug it in to :thinking:

For example, say I were to purchase a lightening to USB-C cable. Would I be able to plug it into a standard USB power outlet? Or, would I need to upgrade all of my adapters and outlets to be able to take the USB-C cable (ie via USB-C adapter/outlet)?

@elmo41683 USB-IF has provision about the length which is not more than 3 foot if it is USB 3.1 Gen2 cable. :relaxed:

2 Likes

@nigelhealy We have 10ft USB 2.0 cable, Which is long but data transfer speed is 480Mbps.

Same expectation as u! As soon as Apple release MFI about USB C to lightning cable, we will make it!!!

1 Like

I have a hero session 5, and it chargers no bother using the USB C-C cable :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it is USB A-C cable,then you need USB A adapter and USB C Devices( cellphone,tablet…)
If it is USB C-C cable,then you need USB C adapter and USB C Devices
If it is USB C-Lightning cable,then you need USB C adapter and lightning Devices( iPhone, iPad…)

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. That’s ok, I think it’s probably time for an upgrade on my iPad soon anyways. For now, I’ll just use the Apple original cable. But I must say, I love the new Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable. I think I’ll have to pick up the 6ft also. Does the Powerline+ II Lightning cable come shorter then 3ft? Thinking it would be a good carry with my Anker battery packs. This year, I want to switch all my cables over to the Powerline+ II.

Thanks for chiming in. Good to know. :slight_smile:

Yes, there is 1ft Powerline+ II Lightning cable
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLine-Lightning-Certified-Compatibility/dp/B072127KCY/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1515752579&sr=1-1&keywords=A8451011&th=1

Thanks! I’ll also need a microUSB and USB-C. Those will be my daily carry. They get to go with me on my photography walks, along with my Anker power banks. :slight_smile: I’ll add them to my Anker wishlist :stuck_out_tongue:

Now this is a very unimportant random question but what happens if you use a USB-C to Lightning cable to attach an IPhone to an android? Will it create a nuke sized explosion? Maybe the phones will look past their differences and become friends.

2 Likes

Haha very good question indeed. I suspect they will both just be sitting there holding hands and thinking. We should have done this years ago :joy:

2 Likes

If I get this laptop and this charger what cable should I get to be able to do 45W?

Powerline , or Powerline II or the new Thunderbolt?

I own some Powerline USB-C cables already so I’d have to check what I have.

You should already have that charger, it was part of the blue box special :wink:

But I personally would use the thunderbolt cable

Correct have the charger. Why the Thunderbolt?

The OP says Thunderbolt for 100W but if 45W then is Powerline II or Powerline?

Bear in mind the laptop is the most expensive item I’ll have bought in the last year so thinking a little more than usual.

I like fast data transfer speeds, so couple that with power is the reason why I chose the thunderbolt. Future proofing now in case a new laptop or other device comes along that also uses it and can benefit from the increased power capability

1 Like

@Oggyboy said nothing should happen because they would notice that there is another smartphone.

1 Like

it’s in the Anker projects to make a single Hub with all connections? (SD, HDMI, USB 3, Ethernet ecc…)

1 Like