Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi

I can not access the internet. There several questionable symptoms.
1 - the Eufy app seems to think the ROBOVAC G30 Edge is a router/access point. So the app wants me to be connected to my 2.4g network and then asks me to switch my access to the ROBOVAC.
2. My router assigns a DHCP of 192.168.0.162, but the EufyHome app seems to be statically assigned to 192.168.43.100.
These two issues appear to IOT security issues.

Thanks for your attention
Peter Haynes

When it says to switch to access the robovac you need to physically go back to your wifi and look for the robovac in connections and connect to it. Then follow the prompts of the app

1 Like

The EUFY Home app says nothing regarding Bluetooth. I did go to Bluetooth and my phone will not discover the G30. I am attaching a a screenshot of the message I received. You will note that it sends me to my WI-FI settings, not Bluetooth. Since my phone only connects to 1 WI-FI network at a time, I’m confused.

Thanks
Peter

My apologies I meant wifi not bluetooth. You have to switch the wifi to that of the robovac in order for it to finish its setup. And yes that means changing it from your home wifi to that of the robovac…it outputs its own wifi signal for you to connect to for the app to finish its setup.

1 Like

Unfortunately the problem appears that the RoboVac G30 Edge/EUFYHome app do not support the STANDARD security protocols I use to ensure my network is protected. My router is set up to require AES and WPA2 protocols. The G30 and app do not appear to support these. The activation sequence appears to be:

• Provide EUFYHome with the SSID and passcode to your router
  • EUFYHome passes that info to the G30
  • The G30 uses the info to gain internet access (blocked because of protocol mismatch).
  • G30 sets up server without internet access
  • Activation fails because of no internet
  • EUFYHome app sends you back to the beginning of setup (rinse and repeat)

In order to make use of the features of the G30 I would need to remove these protections from my phone, from the 2,4g band on the router and at a minimum create a DMZ for these devices. This is unacceptable. This is made even more disappointing since ANKER/EUFY appears to sell security products. I will need to return the G30 and I plan to post reviews at Amazon and Consumer Reports, alerting people to this security gap.

Thanks for your assistance
Peter

What are you getting on about, it clearly states what security protocol this vacuum supports. There is no security gap in what is required to setup

2 Likes

I contacted EUFY Support. My assessment was wrong, as you have noted (sorry). I disabled the firewalls, set up a guest connection without intranet access (LAN), established the connection, reset the firewalls. The G30 received a firmware update. All is well. Thanks for your assistance. Again sorry for the agita.

Peter

2 Likes